Feeling defeated! pant size issue.

Options
2»

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Clothing sizes are deceptive and, in my opinion, a head f**k. I'm a size 6 in some stores for a dress, im a ten in jeans, extra small in tops, and a size 14 in knickers if I don't want a muffin top. Figure that out!! Just wear what fits and looks good!

Over the last 3 yrs I've gone from an Australian 6 in clothes to a size 12 being a bit tight. Now back as a legit size 10 but ALWAYS a size 12 in undies!
    Wtf?! Even at size 6. Must be my big booty.

Always, always a size 12 knickers.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When you have a lot to lose you can fit into a variety of size ranges, and things won't be falling off any time soon because you'll have a good amount of fat to hold clothes up for a good while, even if they get loose. I can wear a size 22 or a size 14 of the same jeans if the fabric has some give. The 22s are a bit loose but aren't falling off and the size 14 is a bit tight but buttons up just fine. In fact, I still wear my 3x and 4x shirts although I can already fit into an XL and all but my size 24 and up trousers are still wearable.

Some people wear things differently too. I have a friend who is close to my stats but carries more of her weight in the belly. She wears 12s and 14s comfortably because she buys shorter rises and it sits below her belly and fits her narrower hips and legs perfectly. If she bought higher rises she would need to upsize significantly to fit her waist.

Sizes can be misleading. When the scale says you've lost 60 lb, believe it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I agree that you were probably wearing your clothes tight before, plus they might have stretched because of it too.

I know that I was wearing size 18 pants forever... then I lost 40 lbs or so and they still fit fine, but when I went to the store I could fit in 14s.