edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
18b92anb52lm.jpg
You're welcome for the motivation. :)
fat.jpg 30.2K

Replies

• katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, just hit my 50lb mark today...this has just emphasised exactly how much it is...thank u for posting this!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Ew... Dang I'm fat.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Holy Moses! I've lost about 45. That's a hard image to get my head around. It's just so nasty.
  • rocknrollhippie
    rocknrollhippie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, really? I'm 57 pounds down and I just can't believe I carried that around for so long!
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Look! It's a picture of me :-O
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    all the spaces between the chunks would make the volume look greater. like when you turn a cup of water into ice cubes you can't fit all the cubes back into the same cup.

just saying. but even so, the pound-of-fat-looks-like-this thing surprised me with how huge it was. i always eyeball it by using the pound-of-butter idea. which is two cups, so to me pounds of fat are a two-cup proposition. and 8 pounds is a gallon of milk.

50 pounds would be more than six gallons of milk in the canadian system, which is certainly plenty enough.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I can hardly wrap my brain around this. I've lost 49 pounds exactly, as of today. I'm only 5'2". Where was it? Where did it all go? How did I carry that around?
    (Thanks for the inspiration!)
  • newme7512
    newme7512 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Needed that boost of motivation...workout here I come. Thank you for posting!!
  • alexanderislove
    alexanderislove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, wow! Thanks for posting this!
  • demonica910
    demonica910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's sick! Super happy I'm working hard every day to get rid of that mountain of crap! Thanks for the imagery.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yeah, now go pick up two 25lb plates at the gym and carry them around for a few minutes. It's nuts how I carried that around for so many years.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both siting here shaking our heads at that.

I WILL stay within my macros tomorrow :) Thanks OP
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Images like this are great for perspective!

When I lost weight, I couldn't appreciate just how much weight I'd actually lost...it was always just a number that didn't have any real context to it. One day I was in the store and picked up a 35lb tub of cat litter, and then it dawned on me that I effectively used to carry that tub (plus some) around with me every day.
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, really puts into perspective how much weight I have lost! Thank you!
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's a wake up call