being skinny is not for me

Options
Hi all! Not that new to myfitnesspal, but I'm trying to be more active as I would like to document my weight gaining journey. Not everyone is meant to be skinny or even likes it. I am 5'9", somewhere between 104-110 pounds and my goal is to maintain a weight of 140 pounds. I'm at a point in my life where I am ready to get serious about gaining some weight and keeping it on, any suggestions on supplements like apetamin or CB1, please please please share!!

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I can't recommend supplements of any kind but I can recommend eating high calorie and nutrient dense foods. Eat more calories than you burn each day and you will see a gain. Also are you looking to lift weights at all? Strength training can help you gain lean mass. I'm not sure if you want that 140 lbs you mentioned that you would like to maintain to be fat or muscle. What is your activity and diet like at this point? You can tweak it to help you accumulate your desired weight.
  • KaktusGott
    KaktusGott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The dapper dame, I know what it's like. I weigh between 84 and 85 pounds (five feet tall) right now and I've started using this app to track my eating habits. As it turns out, I've rarely had a balanced meal in years which has caused me to be unable to gain weight properly. I also rarely eat the vitamins that I should. By using this app, I am able to now see what nutrients I should be eating and what I shouldn't. I've never tried any suppliments but I would like to say, if your having trouble with protein you could try muscle milk. The chocolate tastes the best.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I had this same realization, this past August, after a few weeks of maintaining 150 lbs. as a 5'10" male. I took a picture one day and realized that I have a big *kitten* head that looks like an alien when it's sitting on a skinny body. Had to up the kcals and start picking up heavy things again.

A word of caution though: don't go too fast with it. Even with me lifting seven days per week, I put on waaaaay more fat than I was comfortable with. Now I'm having to finish cutting that off before I can go back to a more reasonable surplus.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1)You don't need "supplements"
    2) Eat in a small caloric surplus
    3) Gaining 30lbs is going to take a long time
    4) You do NOT want to gain just fat, so do some form of resistance training.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi all! Not that new to myfitnesspal, but I'm trying to be more active as I would like to document my weight gaining journey. Not everyone is meant to be skinny or even likes it. I am 5'9", somewhere between 104-110 pounds and my goal is to maintain a weight of 140 pounds. I'm at a point in my life where I am ready to get serious about gaining some weight and keeping it on, any suggestions on supplements like apetamin or CB1, please please please share!!

Skip the "supplements" or appetite stimulants. Almost every apetamin user on this board has run into the same thing. Aggressive weight loss causing a lot of fat growth in the stomach region. And I suspect most wanted more booty gains. The best advice, and I can't stress this based on the countless threads I have seen, gain at a moderate pace and lift weights. Using this time to gain some muscle (which will be up to 1/4 of your gain) will help you have a more shapely body when you reach your goal weight. Aiming for .5-1lb per week is ideal.

For nutrition, concentrated on higher calorie foods and increasing meal frequency. The below thread also has some good tips on foods/strategies to help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1