Only a little left to lose

I'm 30, down 9lbs with 6 left to go. I'm trying to change my life and become healthy. I'm having problems with people telling me I've lost too much, but I know what is healthy for me and it's still a few lbs away. I'm planning a 3 month hike of the AT (about half of it) in 2019 and I want to be in top condition well before then so I can work on quitting smoking. I am looking for friends that are on the same athletic level as me so we can motivate each other. If you think you're there please add me. I eat real food on a low budget. If you are around Caneyville, ky PLEASE add me as I would love a workout partner!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    I actually grew up in KY, but I'm not sure where Caneyville is... and I'm not in Kentucky any more. :)

As to folks telling you you've lost too much - this is really common. Happened to me too. I lost 70 pounds, and from about 40 down to my current weight I got nearly weekly comments about anorexia from some of my 'helpful' friends. I'm mid-range healthy BMI for my height, so definitely not too skinny. Most people are used to you at a certain weight, and when you're losing weight they're comparing you NOW to you THEN. People are notoriously bad at looking at another person and seeing healthy vs unhealthy weight. Don't pay too much attention to it. Keep your eye on the goal - you've got this. :flowerforyou: