Need to lower cholesterol and lose belly fat.

Options
Hello. Here is the quick summary. I am relatively healthy. I have a decent diet. Could be better. I do not eat a lot of fast foods or soda. I exercise about 30 minutes a day. About 4 months ago I went from a very active job to a desk job. I gained about 10 lbs. Currently about 165. I am 5'7". That seems like a decent weight. However, all the weight I gained is belly fat. So #1. I want to lose this quickly. Also, for the 1st time ever my cholesterol was over 200 (231) Usually it has been between 170-185.

From my understanding...it's foods that cause inflammation in the blood vessels that tells the liver to send cholesterol.

I am looking for a good fitness technique to quickly loose belly fat. And what you use to lower your cholesterol effectively.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor how to lower your cholesterol. To lose fat you only need a calorie deficit.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Many times losing the extra weight will lower your cholesterol numbers (unless it's hereditary). To lose weight you just need to eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. Enter your stats into MFP and it will figure that part out for you, then start tracking your calorie intake and stay within your calorie deficit.

Also, you cannot spot reduce fat-as you lose weight your overall body composition will change/improve.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    There is no technique to quickly lose belly fat, whether through fitness or diet. Spot reducing isn't possible and for most men, the midsection is the last place the fat stubbornly hangs on to.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My diet is very low in cholesterol over-all and my numbers are BAD! Much higher than yours. Thanks, Dad!
    You can google foods that cause inflammation in the body to see if you can eliminate them from your diet in an effort to improve your numbers.
    Stay active.

To lose belly fat you need a calorie deficit. :)

Good luck!