Worried about switching to maintain.

I'm very active, I walk about 15,000-20,000 steps a day. I do 30-40 minutes of cardio everyday (Run, Bike, Crosstrainer) and Weight Train 6 days a week. Plus any other activities I can get involved in. I have a FitBit so I can see what I burn.

I'm Happy with how I am now, but I don't want to lose any more, but I don't want to put any more fat on either.

Yes I am obsessed.

I don't have cheat meals very often, but when I go off the rails I can eat like a pig :smiley:

I guess what I'm asking is will I get away with eating back whatever I burn the previous day? Or should I eat 100-200 under to allow for the few times I go off the rails & some wiggle room for my FitBit being over generous with calories burned?

Replies

• HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    try? test the waters for week and see how it goes, you won't do much damage if you track consistently. It depends on how accurate you count your calories, how accurate is your calorie burn calculation
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2016
    As above says, give it a go. For me I keep 4 days a week at slight deficit (200-300 cals a day Mon-Thu) to allow for eating more on the weekends. You will find what works for you in time :smile:

And don't be worried about switching to maintain, its not much different to when we were losing except we get more calories.

Being active is a good thing to keep up, but being obsessed isn't. Find your happy medium. I too was extremely active, Fitbit can have that effect but after 3 years of consistently pushing myself 6 days a week to get 20k+ steps took their toll. My compromise was to cut back to 15k. Still active but my joints like me better now :smiley:

Fitbit in general has been accurate for me.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    That is a LOT of activity.