Aiming at a curve

Options
Hello, my name is Celine. I have been the same since i can remember, skinny as ever with no curve whatsoever. All i want is a little more hips, flatter belly, basically a toned body. My journey started on Monday. Please help with suggestions, thanks.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well, hip structure is determined by genetics (so if you don't have wide hips, than you can't expect to gain any now) and a flat tummy is determined by adequate body composition and low body fat. You can try to gain some curves by following a program like strongcurves (heavy on glute and legs) and build some muscle.

There really are two course of actions. You can bulk to gain muscle and follow it by a cut to eliminate any body fat that you gained (which will be 3/4 of your weight gained) or you can try and recomp (eat at maintenance and follow progressive overload lifting program like Strong Curves) which can drive some muscle gains while cutting body fat. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The latter might be a little more in line with your goals if you dont' have a timeline.

ETA, http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

This has a link to the book for StrongCurves. For all things lower body, Bret is the man.
  • hansonmedical2
    hansonmedical2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lift with all your passion and don't stop..that's my advice haha.