Chronic undereating

Options
2»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome that you recognize that what you are doing is unhealthy and you want to get better! That's a huge first step :) As a (mostly) recovered anorexic (not saying you are anorexic though you have a lot of similar anxiety around food as eating disorder patients) I can tell you that puts you a lot farther ahead than many people who do not have the self awareness that what they are doing isn't healthy. You also show a willingness to change. With some help on dealing with anxiety (which I like to call "stinking thinking") I believe you will be very successful! Good luck!
  • micropreemiemum
    micropreemiemum Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Oh thank you lovely! I am aware of how similar i am to the behaviours often seen with anorexia and now i am borderline underweight i think i need to act or it will develop into a full blown ED... i really want my periods back too so that is a big goal for me... i feel like i will still lose at 1200-1500 calories a day x
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    You got this! Good luck.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are taking advise on board. Look after yourself

agree with comments made, nothing else to say

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome attitude! Don't be discouraged if you have set backs here and there as that is very normal. Just pick yourself up and remember why you are doing this :) and don't be afraid to ask for professional help. I know it's tough but they have the education and experience to give you many coping strategies. I think any professional would love to have someone with a great attitude and willingness to recover as a patient!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    So would my eating not be considered disorder then?
    My son is perfectly healthy

Red flags everywhere
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you, i was worried as i had read that i need 3000 calories a day because i have starved myself for so so long and i have all those symptoms plus ammnorhea!

You should definitely make an appointment with your doctor, and potentially ask them to refer you to a nutritionist to really help out.