Looking for Experiences with Focus T25

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to hear some experiences from people who are focused on losing weight and have tried focus T25. I'm on day three at the moment and I must admit I feel a hundred times better than before. However, no idea what to expect in terms of weight loss. Thanks :) (Of course, I am eating within my calorie range).

Replies

• rominaledezma22
    rominaledezma22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did t25 went up to week 4 then my back started to hurt it was helping me to gain muscle.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm on week four day three. I felt the same as you a few days into it. My tolerance for cardio is stronger now. I still like the workouts. I previewed each DVD days before I did it so I could see what the modified moves were. That way I could try as many unmodified as possible. I just started to be able to tolerate a lot more of the unmodified moves this week. That may be because of practice and weight loss. I will admit that my diet is strict, and I DO NOT cheat on it. I've gone from 193 to 179.5 so far. Thanksgiving will be my first meal cooked by someone else since October 30th, and I've not eaten any fast food or restaurants. I think this is the key with this program. Get some good tight tennis shoes with new traction that will help you stick your landings in the moves. Get some sweat bands. Get everything prepped. Make it a discipline by not missing any workouts, and fix the food issues you might have. Drink lots of water and hot tea. I don't do diet sodas or a lot of dairy. My diary is open for MFP friends. I didn't drink coffee for the first sixteen days but now I allow it. I eat smoothies with a ton of hidden veggies and some fruit, so I get a lot of carbs. I try to balance them out by supplementing my other meals and snacks with protein like turkey breast, cheese sticks, egg whites etc. I don't eat fatty foods much except I use olive oil and ground flax seed. I avoid nuts because the calorie content is too high. I have eaten whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles on half servings with a turkey meat sauce, but no bread yet. I feel its unneccesary with the carbs I get from veggies. Eating a limited menu each day and not cooking a lot helpse to suppress my appetite and control it. I've sat in Denny's probably three times since and not got cravings after watching others eat because I have a grip this way. I used to have to eat their nachos every other day, but eating this way is the most powerful tactic I've learned. The emotional and bored eating has stopped too. If you can just stick to the workouts, and eat what I eat for a few weeks, it might work for you too. Its probably worth more of a chance that a fad diet. The first week I started with a 1000 calorie goal to get a grip. The next week was 1050. The third was 1100, and now I'm eating 1150. I'm definitely more in tough with hunger, and my body mechanics manipulating the calories this way. If I go over, I don't stress it because I know it is good for my body because I'm eating real foods, and not many processed ones.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    T25 is a good program, I have done the Alpha rounds three times and random beta discs here and there. If you keep your calories in check you will see nice results. If you have a good amount of weight to lose, losing 2 lbs a week will be no problem. Please don't eat at the levels Chandra mentioned above. Doing a very strenuous program like T25 and eating less than 1200 calories will make you sick. Use the level that MFP gives you for your desired weight loss and eat back 50% of the amount of calories that you burn.

Good luck with the rest of the program, it's great.
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    50extra wrote: »
    T25 is a good program, I have done the Alpha rounds three times and random beta discs here and there. If you keep your calories in check you will see nice results. If you have a good amount of weight to lose, losing 2 lbs a week will be no problem. Please don't eat at the levels Chandra mentioned above. Doing a very strenuous program like T25 and eating less than 1200 calories will make you sick. Use the level that MFP gives you for your desired weight loss and eat back 50% of the amount of calories that you burn.

Good luck with the rest of the program, it's great.

Thanks for the tip!
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I did it a while back and got about 3 weeks in before giving up. (I let life get a hold of me!)

I keep thinking about picking it up and starting again actually.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think Shaun T is a great motivator. If you're consistent with accurately counting calories and incorporating exercise, you will notice your body transforming. I like that he has a modifier that you can follow along as well.

I am actually doing gamma right now and then may do another round of max 30 / beast hybrid.

Beat wishes.