This is Us

MLouis1
MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
edited November 2016 in Chit-Chat
I love the show. Not sure how I feel about Kate having by-pass surgery. And the bigger question, is the actress having it?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    SPOILERS!!!!

Idk about the actress having WLS, but I read it's in her contract to lose weight.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Theres like two other shows dedicated to this thread
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Well, with what happened in the show, I can see why she would want to do it. I mean, she's miserable, somehow isn't losing weight when trying to go for a less drastic approach (ok, that part doesn't make sense), and someone else is having success with it... it's not crazy to think that a lot of people would decide to do it in those circumstances.

I didn't know the actress was going to lose weight. I like it, it would be really nice to finally see weight loss on TV in a more realistic way. I wish her the best!
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    I would like her to lose weight slowly with all the pitfalls. But surgery is fairly common now, so I can seem them going that direction. And she will have to follow the rules after it. I hope she gets nominated for an Emmy.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    I LOVE this show! I love Kate's character. Even though she is so insecure and self conscious in many ways I find her to also be a very strong and at time confident woman. Very well written show for sure!