What can I eat on Thanksgiving?!!?!?!1?!!

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    OP, you've already had a lot of good advice, I just want to send my best wishes that you're much improved by tomorrow! If it helps, I remember feeling much better by the third day after my food poisoning.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    eat everything, drink everything, then go work it off. pretty easy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you sure (as you can be) that it's food poisoning and not stomach flu? If it is/was food poisoning, you can eat whatever you want when you are well again; if you have digestion issues, you have to be more careful.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Please tell me I'm not a bad, heartless person for thinking, "Well, whatever you do manage add to your safe list will already have a ton of calories banked for it."

Slowly lowers her head and slips away quietly.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's one day----enjoy.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    BRAT (Bread, Rice, Apple sauce, Toast - or carbs-based) diet as a general rule until you feel better. Not necessarily bland, but avoid the irritants, e.g. spicy and acidic food, fat, alcohol, raw vegetables).
    Feel better and save the yummy foods for later!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't have any advice, but you have my sympathies. Food poisoning is no fun, especially around a major holiday.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Have you told the hosts about your illness? If you're worried about the mashed potatoes, maybe they can make a smaller bland batch for you.

Food poisoning :s
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    What a terrible time for food poisoning to strike! I had a horrible bout a couple of weeks ago, and pretty much subsisted on just gelatin and crackers for nearly three days.

Fruit is supposed to be a good transition food as you start adding foods after the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet. If there is applesauce or baked apples, you might try that. Or even the filling from a fruit pie (apple, cherry, berry). You might even try the cranberry sauce, but that might be too acidic.

Best of luck. Hope you feel better soon.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    geeze people if you are going to comment/give advice you could at least read the post?!

oh man ive had food poisoning around the holidays and it suuucked. i basically ate mashed potatoes and tinnnny bit of white mean :( feel better OP

I'm surprised it's only been about 3 posters who've missed the point of the post. I figured it would be more based on what we see in other threads.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    geeze people if you are going to comment/give advice you could at least read the post?!

oh man ive had food poisoning around the holidays and it suuucked. i basically ate mashed potatoes and tinnnny bit of white mean :( feel better OP

I'm surprised it's only been about 3 posters who've missed the point of the post. I figured it would be more based on what we see in other threads.

haha yea its become custome if its too long its not worth the time. I personally love reading a whole thread. out of pure boredom i need to waste time sometimes.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning was Monday. Today is Thursday. I'm thinking you could eat anything by now and be ok. As for me....I will be eating it ALL!!! Good luck. I think you'll be fine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even touch the mashed potatoes because there's always butter and milk/cream in them, and that's really not good.

Sweet potatoes might be fine though, even if there's sugar added. And yeah... turkey, rolls.

That being said, it's been 4 days so you would probably be fine as long as you don't go nuts.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of people who insist on trying to record their Thanksgiving meal for varying reasons. I personally feel that taking a day off from the logging, measuring etc.... in favor of being thankful that we even have the "problem" of daily abundance that we must discipline ourselves in abstaining from is perfectly fine. One day of eating and enjoying it will nor wreck the overall effort.
    I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving no matter how you do it!

So you didn't read the OP?

YES I did but I was addressing the idea that we "must" log and account for it.