Is it real or just in my head.....

Options
When I crave more food following and way after workouts?? Typically I like to save my calories for my tea but I'm kinda windering whether I should be eating more after a workout to avoid hunger "cravings" either straight after my tea or an hour or two later....so take today, I had boiled eggs for breakfast with a Nut bar which equaled 300 calories, I then did a GRIT cardio class 30 min which I worked really hard in and afterwards had a chicken sandwich and popcorn (I like popcorn!) which equalled to 485 calories for both, I ate these at approx 1pm, I then had my tea at approx 6.40pm which was homemade chilli and a full pack of cauliflour rice....I felt half satisfied and so the snooping around happens... so I ate a small bagle with butter and a packet of ready salted hula hoops!! Am I just thinking I need more and need to practise some willpower or is the fact I told eat much of my cals throughout the day really having an impact on my "after tea/mid evening" carb crave...I do go along time between lunch and tea i.e today was over 5 hours....Please help!! X

Replies

• kmaf2016
    kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    P.s plus it is womans week this week and I do notice a change in my food cravings/choices the week prior to it...
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    not so much with cardio for me, but a) i may be out of date since i've been intermittent most of this year, and b) when i do cardio it's mostly just chugging my way to and from work on my bike.

lifting though. this definitely happens to me when i lift. i mostly just roll with it, since it actually seems to make me crave real food more than 'junk'. and since i'm not prioritizing weight control - i'm conscious of it but not really running my life to make sure of that goal.
  • kmaf2016
    kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ah interesting, ive just started weight training with a personal trainer, am super sore today....
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    that's very normal and will get less as your body adjusts. protein is a thing when you're lifting though. carbs provide the fuel to do the work, but once the work has been done protein's the key to recovery rates.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    You might also try eating a bit more protein so you stay full longer.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    not so much with cardio for me, but a) i may be out of date since i've been intermittent most of this year, and b) when i do cardio it's mostly just chugging my way to and from work on my bike.

lifting though. this definitely happens to me when i lift. i mostly just roll with it, since it actually seems to make me crave real food more than 'junk'. and since i'm not prioritizing weight control - i'm conscious of it but not really running my life to make sure of that goal.

Same for me, when I just do cardio (very rare) I don't find my appetite changes much at all, if anything I eat less. But after lifting I'm always starving and graze for most of the day after a huge lunch. I just try to make sure there's plenty of higher protein snacks in the house for those days.