Help ! I need to lose by tomorrow

Options
13»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Pint of Halo Top followed by a long run. Guaranteed to work!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Put the scales in the bath. Fill it with water, then stand on the scales.

You may need to seal the scales in a freezer bag first.

Wait. This isn't how people always do it?

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Set your scale to be 1 lb off.

Seriously? 1 lb by tomorrow is that big of a deal? Is there a weigh-in before Thanksgiving dinner? Is it to make sure the Turkey was really 21 lbs?

^ This made me laugh. Happy Thanksgiving!

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options

Seriously? 1 lb by tomorrow is that big of a deal? Is there a weigh-in before Thanksgiving dinner? Is it to make sure the Turkey was really 21 lbs?

Well, yes, it's like when a cargo ship comes in and they want to know how much coal or whatever was on it, so they calculate the weight of the ship before and after and work out the weight of the cargo and then people start suing each other. Only in this case you weigh all the guests before and after dinner and if it doesn't add up you go to the supermarket and demand a refund.

I thought this was how everyone did it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Well, yes, it's like when a cargo ship comes in and they want to know how much coal or whatever was on it, so they calculate the weight of the ship before and after and work out the weight of the cargo and then people start suing each other. Only in this case you weigh all the guests before and after dinner and if it doesn't add up you go to the supermarket and demand a refund.

Just be sure no one uses the bathroom between weighings.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »

Just be sure no one uses the bathroom between weighings.

Oh, that's easy. Or are you going to tell me you don't have a code entry on your bathroom, or even a basic ticketing system? Next you'll tell me you let people use it for free!