How long until you went down a dress size?

Options
2»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I can fit into my wife's evening gown now. But her high heels are killing me. :/

Need pics!!
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine has been every 7kg or 15lbs.
    Started at 95.5kg size 22 (US 18), now 58kg and a size 10-12 (US 6-8). I'm 5' 2" and my end goal weight is 54-55kg or 119-121lbs.
    I think that'll end up being a size 8-10 (US 4-6).
    Brands & styles matter when it comes to fit.
  • IAmSagittarian82
    IAmSagittarian82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I can fit into my wife's evening gown now. But her high heels are killing me. :/

Need pics!!

I agree! Pics, or it didn't happen! Hahahahaha
  • IAmSagittarian82
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    It took me a while to go down a size, but that's because at my heaviest, I refused to admit where I was and had been stuffing myself into my clothing like sausage casing. After that first clothing size, I seem to drop a size per 10lbs. I'm only 5'2" though.

I just realized I was stuffing my size 12 body into size 6 albeit "stretchy" clothing. I keep asking myself when did become a 12? Most of my clothes have elastic in the waist because I hate pants and skirts that zip and button. So maybe the elastic just...stretched with me. Boy do I feel duped!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to go down a size, but that's because at my heaviest, I refused to admit where I was and had been stuffing myself into my clothing like sausage casing. After that first clothing size, I seem to drop a size per 10lbs. I'm only 5'2" though.

I just realized I was stuffing my size 12 body into size 6 albeit "stretchy" clothing. I keep asking myself when did become a 12? Most of my clothes have elastic in the waist because I hate pants and skirts that zip and button. So maybe the elastic just...stretched with me. Boy do I feel duped!

Me too, but even bigger sizes. I was really pushing the limits of thread capacity. I'm surprised I didn't rip more pants. I just couldn't accept how big I actually was. Which is too bad, because I may have been inclined to work on it sooner.
  • tabraham139
    tabraham139 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've seen for myself that every 10 pounds I lose a size. I'm 5'4.5". I have lost 70 lbs, but gained 10 back after I had a surgery. I'm trying to get back on track to drop the 10 and another 20.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's been kind of wacky for me. Like I needed to lose 15 pounds and some inches first and then it's been like 10 pounds, but here and there it's been less. But since nothing is standardized for women's fashion sizes any more, I feel like that's not unexpected.
  • IAmSagittarian82
    Options
    Me too, but even bigger sizes. I was really pushing the limits of thread capacity. I'm surprised I didn't rip more pants. I just couldn't accept how big I actually was. Which is too bad, because I may have been inclined to work on it sooner.

I noticed that a couple of my skinny jeggings were actually busted at the inseams. Boy, the lengths I was going to in order to lie to myself! I am only 13 lbs down, but I might walk into a store to see if I can fit a 10 instead of a 12...just to get a general guide of how close I am.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hard to say for sure as I continued to wear my too big pants until they practically fell off! But like others around 10-15lbs to reach a comfortable smaller size