July 4th Gameplan

Options
This may already be out there somewhere. What is your game plan for the 4th with its picnics and get-togethers? I plan to take the healthy food- grilled chicken strips, veggies and fruit ,however, I know there will be stuff I want to eat and I will want to graze. I may allow myself to go over, yet not completely binge out and exercise an extra 15 minutes every day next week and not account for it. I rarely go off MFP so I am thinking one day may be okay and not completely crash my hard work so long as the next day I am back to business

Replies

• dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are right to have a game plan. I always try to do extra exercise and eat light for breakfast and lunch on the days we plan to have dinner out. On the weekends, yard work and house work can be big calorie burners. A couple of weeks ago (hot day) I did a 2 hour housecleaning "blitz". Rule is keep moving and don't sit down. Mop, sweep, wash windows, fold laundry or whatever for 2 hours continuously. I'm also planning one for this weekend (hot on Sunday & Monday). Saturday will be as much yard work as I can bear before the temp gets uncomfortable. Will also be trying to fit in my yoga DVD and basic strength exercises a couple of times.
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    Same as every other day. Plan to have my scale and weigh my portions and eat in moderation.

In fact we have a cook out at my house every week. I smoke a pork butt or some ribs. The key is tracking your portions and portion control. Have a fun 4th.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i am going to use portion control, and do an extra workout for the 4th.