Are you going to eat a lot today?

Options
I mean a lot like how they say "4500 calories on thanksgiving" I'm trying to not eat everything in sight like I did last year, but I think I'll end up eating quite a bit haha. Are you guys doing the same, or staying strict and tracking?

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I will eat everything I can today because I'm a Calorie Burning Machine!!!
  • bboyd223
    bboyd223 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 800 for the thanksgiving meal
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    No, I'm in the UK and on a low calorie day.
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking everything and going to be reasonable with my intake. I have a goal to stay under 1800 calories. Normally, I eat around 1200-1400, so I just want to "maintain." This shouldn't be too difficult since I've committed to water this Thanksgiving. (Usually, I drink quite a bit of holiday dark beers on Thanksgiving. This year, I am spending it with my sober grandpop who has been sober for 10 years!!!! So, in solidarity and all that!)
  • phnxrth
    phnxrth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here's my menu: Smoked turkey with homemade gravy, sage stuffing, crescent rolls made from scratch, candied multicolor carrots, green bean and cherry tomato salad, Williams Sonoma cranberry sauce recipe, strawberry layer cake with strawberry frosting. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm eating normally so far today. My goal is to not sit down to the main dinner starving. I'm just planning on a fairly normal plate of turkey/veggies and mashed potatoes, maybe a slice of pie afterwards.

At the end of the day though, if I go over my macros, it's just one day that doesn't have to carry over. Nothing to worry about here.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Canadian here, so no turkey or gravy in sight.....but I wouldn't ever eat that much regardless of the holiday. I think the best I can manage to get in my tummy is about 2400 cals worth of yummies.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat but like... I'm not going to over do it just for the sake of overdoing it
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    No because I'm British. But if I did celebrate I'd just eat what I fancied and not worry about it, life is too short for one day. plus, my ability to pack it away is significantly diminished, last Christmas I feel like I barely ate a thing!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options
    It is Thursday, why would I eat a lot?
    ;)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Not tracking. I'm not having a hungry day, so I'll just eat sensibly (fill up on the broccoli, go lighter on the more calorie dense items), but I'm not going to try to deny myself anything either.

• itsalifestylenotadiet
    Options
    Today is Thanksgiving, I am going to eat a meal today and I am going to be mindful of what I put on my plate. Not being able to eat gluten, pasta and rice helps me tremendously because dessert is my favorite part of this meal. Cheers All :) Happy Thanksgiving
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bboyd223 wrote: »

So no dessert. That would make me sad.

My problem is that it's dinner, and I'm always hungry during the day... I managed to save 1100 calories so far, but that's pretty much going to be wiped out by dessert if I have a small slice of each. So yeah.

Not planning to stuff myself though, just follow my hunger signals, and only eat what I really like.
  • aslanchastek
    aslanchastek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to my low carb low calorie diet. I'll just be eating turkey and veggies. I'll only be drinking spirits and soda water. Today will be a true test to my diet commitment.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    No. I don't celebrate TG anymore by feasting.

Same as any other day to me now but I try to express and share my thanks for my good fortune with others I have contact with during each and every one.

IMO, that's the spirit of TG and Xmas which should be practiced year round by everyone.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    bboyd223 wrote: »

So no dessert. That would make me sad.

My problem is that it's dinner, and I'm always hungry during the day... I managed to save 1100 calories so far, but that's pretty much going to be wiped out by dessert if I have a small slice of each. So yeah.

Not planning to stuff myself though, just follow my hunger signals, and only eat what I really like.

Sort of off-topic - am I the only one who eats the big meal at lunch (dinner)? As a kid, we ate around noonish to enjoy the football games in a comfy food coma.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I will eat more than usual. I already had pumpkin bread for breakfast and as a late night snack and went over a few hundred calories. I start a new tracking day at dinner. It will be a pretty typical poultry dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. We are adding French bread, yogurt cheese, wild rice dressing, and more pumpkin bread if I have room. So, I will probably go over for tomorrow too. I have a pretty steep deficit, so I doubt I'll even hit maintenance calories. I might only lose a pound or two this week instead of the three pounds I had been losing.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat more than usual at dinner, but not that much more, and I'll log it. I had a smaller breakfast and lunch to compensate.