I'm struggling and hopeless.

Options
This year I have lost 1 1/2 stone since March then our dog died in April, my brother in May and now we have just buried my mum. I've always been a comfort eater during stressful times and since mum died last month I have gained a stone and I see no end to it. I have yet to accept her death and mourne even though her passing was a release for her. There were things I needed to say to her but by the time I was able to talk about it her dementia had taken her away from me. I never got to tell her that I forgave her even though I held her hand as she stopped breathing. I hate this extra weight on my body even though I still need to lose about 30lbs still it feels awful. I don't know what to do or how to get my mojo back. I guess I need to get in the right frame of mind.
Writing this has been quite cathartic so tmro I shall get up early and go to the gym. I will start using mfp again and try to look ahead. I've done it before and I can do it again. Thanks for listening guys.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm so sorry for all of your losses. All those words that you didn't say to your mom? She knew. She heard you, even if it seemed she wasn't there. I don't know what your faith is, if you have one, but I'll include you and your family in my prayers today. I understand completely. xo
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, can you contact Andrew Austin. See if he can help you sort out your mind so you can properly filter your emotions. He's an incredible therapist and I can't suggest him enough.

Best of luck with everything you're dealing with during this holiday season.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Echoing MissTracy...I'm sorry to hear of your losses...sometimes it really can seem hopeless. But you're still drawing breath. There's a reason for that. Keep friends close and let yourself grieve.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    jillnboo wrote: »
    This year I have lost 1 1/2 stone since March then our dog died in April, my brother in May and now we have just buried my mum. I've always been a comfort eater during stressful times and since mum died last month I have gained a stone and I see no end to it. I have yet to accept her death and mourne even though her passing was a release for her. There were things I needed to say to her but by the time I was able to talk about it her dementia had taken her away from me. I never got to tell her that I forgave her even though I held her hand as she stopped breathing. I hate this extra weight on my body even though I still need to lose about 30lbs still it feels awful. I don't know what to do or how to get my mojo back. I guess I need to get in the right frame of mind.
    Writing this has been quite cathartic so tmro I shall get up early and go to the gym. I will start using mfp again and try to look ahead. I've done it before and I can do it again. Thanks for listening guys.

Jill I'm so sorry about your losses, what a dreadful time you have had . Feel free to message if you need to chat. I'm wishing you all the very best. Take your time one day at a time.