Do you guys lift weights and run on same day?

Options
Ventes96
Ventes96 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2016 in Fitness and Exercise

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Yes. I run fasted first thing in the morning and lift in the late afternoon, well after eating.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yes
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I don't. I do mostly cardio dvds in the morning, lift M/W or circuit train T/Th in the afternoon. I try to get in a long run in Sunday, but it can be cancelled by weather or if I'm out of town. Sometimes I run in the afternoons on Tue or Thu, instead of circuits, when the weather is nice.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    no but its more a time situation than anything else. I run or lift on weekday mornings before 6:30am. If I had more time I might but 4am is the earliest I'm willing to wake up for exercise.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight train first and then do some cardio.

I've tried the other way around, and you feel weak when lifting. I actually enjoy my cardio after weight training. Try HITT after weight training for quick noticeable improvements.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If cardio is under an hour - interval training, kickbox, spin, running, etc. - I'll do both (lift and cardio). Anything over an hour and I won't mix the two.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have but not on leg day.....
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Weights first for me then about 40 minutes of cardio.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have done a 5k after lifting. The run was 30 seconds slower than usual. I don't make a habit of it.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    If cardio is under an hour - interval training, kickbox, spin, running, etc. - I'll do both (lift and cardio). Anything over an hour and I won't mix the two.

I completely agree with this. If I keep my cardio short I do both on the same day, but anything over an hour and weights are not do-able. Also if I have a long or intense weight session cardio is not do-able, works both ways.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I sometimes will do cardio (bike, not running - same basic concept, though) after squat and/or deadlift day. I do upper/lower - rest - upper/lower - rest - rest as a schedule. Other days, I'm too wiped after lifting so I'll do my cardio on a rest day.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do cardio and strength train same day
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I will some days if I feel like it, I know there are questions about one making the other less effective but I'm not even close to that being a thing I care about as long as I'm moving and burning calories and feeling good about it.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes. Fasted circuit training dvds in the morning, 1 hr cardio at gym at night.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I do. I lift weights, do 30 minutes of cardio, and take a 45 minute martial art class all in the same day most days of the week. At first it sucks but your body adapts. The human body is capable of amazing physical performance and endurance.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Like running to the weights?
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I do except for days when I run long ( 11 or more miles)
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Yep unless it's a really long run and have no energy left
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Like running to the weights?

No, that would be inefficient. I like running with the weights.