So I set my max calories for Thanksgiving at........

Options
3,500. And today I didn't go over. Like usual I only eat 2 meals a day and snack the rest of the time. Full enough now that all I'm having the rest of the evening is Diet Cherry Pepsi. Life is good.
BTW, I did weigh my food. Relatives had fun with my scale too.

Anyone else count today?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh my food but used generous estimates (I've been weighing food for 11 months so I'm reasonably confident that my estimates aren't way off). I'm only 200 over maintenance, and I think that's pretty good!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    2832. Done for the day. On the low end of the range I expected, planned for.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I did.

I came in at 1292 (I'm old and short) which was 42 over. This included banana bread and homemade bread :). I saved all my calories for lunch/dinner. It's 7pm here and I think I'm going to bed early so I don't eat more:).
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Easy to go into the 4000s if you eat in abundance and drink alcohol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm vicariously reading all the "How much/what I ate at Thanksgiving" threads.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm vicariously reading all the "How much/what I ate at Thanksgiving" threads.

Ha the new eat without eating diet.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's how you stay under on Thanksgiving! Right on!
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    I know my calories were way more than I would like... my family soaks everything in butter I swear! But I made healthier choices with what I had before me, small portions and a sliver of pie. Now back to work.... trying to hit a goal of thirty pound by Christmas :-D I hope you all had a great holiday!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Despite having cooked everything, for the first time since I started logging I have absolutely no idea how many calories I took in today. Might have been 2,000-ish, since the actual Thanksgiving meal was the only one I ate, and since I filled up on one helping (except for the stuffing -- that was 2 helpings) I probably didn't hit 3,000. 2,000 was what I logged though. It's a frank guess.

In fact, I'm still full 4 hours later. There's no reason at all to snack tonight.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I went out and didnt measure. I guesstimated around 3k give or take. I planned for this all week and am not worried about it. All I ate today was the food during the hour and a half we were at the holiday buffet and I got in a work out before going.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I counted and logged but it was a huge guess. I made almost everything, but there were also several things that I ate made by someone else so...I logged my meal at 1200ish calories, which I think is a good estimate for me. I'm very short and can't eat much in one sitting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I logged 2000 for the meal. Probably close enough.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I logged what I made, guessed at what I didn't. Thought I could keep to about 1500-1600...Then my cousin handed me cider and it was all over. :(

I still wasn't too far over. 2250, but with a lot of cals burned for cooking & washing up and carrying crap around. Walking up the stairs with food stuff. Walking down the stairs. Walking back up the stairs with food stuff.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Was doing well before the Pinot noir, pecan pie and baileys coffee. It's a new day!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I sure didn't. Nothing wrong with taking a day off. I was also so busy cooking and trying to clean as I went I can't imagine trying to throw that into the mix.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I guessed 1500. Even took a smaller slice of pie than normal, but probably went over by about 200.