Alcohol/Liquor

Options
Ugh....my brother is getting married and we are going to their "bachelor/bachelorette" party tonight. I'm not a big drinker as it is, but I love margaritas. Any suggestions on what to drink that won't kill my diet?

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Clear alcohol of your choice with soda water and lime. For more flavor you can pick one of the flavored vodkas or rums. I like bacardi Razz when I want something sweet. You can also take Mio or crystal light packets or the like to flavor it up. Maybe a lemonade flavor to put in with your soda and lime? That would be close... Have fun!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Order water discretely. Put a lime in it. Pretend it's gin or vodka. Par-tay! :p

Seriously though, get your margarita if you like that. Won't matter unless you start snacking or really guzzling.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Most bars carry that Skinny Girl margarita mix now. I stick to Vodka/Soda with lime.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas get them made from scratch. I ALWAYS ask for a margarita not sweet which means not from that nasty mix they have that has a ton of sugar and calories in it and typically made from scratch. If they say they can't do it (which I ran into a situation where they said they couldn't do it which is bull because it's just lime juice, tequila, triplesec) then I order something else.

My "go to" drink when I don't know what to drink or I feel under pressure is grape vodka and soda water.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas, have margaritas.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd just drink a margarita (or two...or three). No reason to not have a little fun now and then.

But, when I do want to go low cal, I go with vodka and flavored sparkling water. As someone else suggested, you can bring packets of crystal light or something to flavor a vodka/tonic.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you're not big into drinking then don't! Offer to DD and have a fun time watching everyone be drunk. If you want to drink and you are really concerned about the calories then limit the amount of drinks you get, maybe only get one margarita. Rum and diet cokes or vodka and soda water are low cal in terms of alcoholic drinks. I also sometimes like to take a flavored vodka and mix it with sprite zero and crystal light!

However, since it is a special occassion and you won't be drinking excessively every day, it won't be bad if you go over for one day :wink: The night should be about having fun celebrating with your brother and his fiance. So don't sweat it and just have fun! :drinker:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas, have margaritas.

One day won't change anything, enjoy the party!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    do not go to the party. completely boycott it.

not because of the booze.

but because combining bachelor and bachelorette parties is the stupidest thing ever.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas, drink them. It's just one night, and what you drink won't make any difference in the long run.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Ugh....my brother is getting married and we are going to their "bachelor/bachelorette" party tonight. I'm not a big drinker as it is, but I love margaritas. Any suggestions on what to drink that won't kill my diet?

Maybe they have the Skinny Girl brand of drinks...they are pretty good.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options

but because combining bachelor and bachelorette parties is the stupidest thing ever.

^^ lol
  • WhiteSage13
    WhiteSage13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't forget it's all about hormone balance too aka: insulin. If you are going to drink make sure you eat some protein nibbles. Drinking will have your carbs covered.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just have fun and drink the margarita. It won't kill all the hard work you've done, and since you aren't a huge drinker you probably won't have that many anyway. Order a margarita, then a water w/ lime, then another margarita...and if you pace yourself, before you know it the fun and festivities will have come to an end!

Just have fun...it's not like you do this every night!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like, just limit the number.
  • missdelajay
    missdelajay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A glass of champagne...maybe two ????
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    With any luck, your brother will only get married once. I say give yourself a break and enjoy the day. Drink plenty of water and log whatever you drank, but it would be a poor showing if you refused to raise a glass of champagne for your brother's special day.
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd just drink a margarita (or two...or three). No reason to not have a little fun now and then.

But, when I do want to go low cal, I go with vodka and flavored sparkling water. As someone else suggested, you can bring packets of crystal light or something to flavor a vodka/tonic.

Crystal light is missing a good opportunity. Lots of options , Margarita,daquiri,...yumm
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Haha! I've heard this plenty of times...