Weekly weight loss average

Options
Have just started my weight loss journey again aiming for 1-2lbs a week but was just wondering what everyone found their weekly average loss was. Did you find yours was more, less and what affected your particular weight loss.

Caroline

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I averaged 1/2lb a week but that's because I hadn't that much to lose (20lbs) and preferred a smaller deficit. It mostly worked...well whenever I was accurately tracking my meals and not over estimating exercise burns.

How much do you want to lose?
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have 28 pounds to lose, that I gained back after losing it all last year. I'll plod away at it but it was looking back at last years stats that surprised me, some weeks it was 1lb some weeks it was 6lbs so was just wondering if everyone else found it a bit up and down.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Have just started my weight loss journey again aiming for 1-2lbs a week but was just wondering what everyone found their weekly average loss was. Did you find yours was more, less and what affected your particular weight loss.

Caroline

Everyone will be different in that respect. Ultimately you can dictate how much weight you lose by the size of your calorie deficit. Roughly 3500 calorie deficit is 1lb of fat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    The first few weeks most people see nice whooshes but it usually settles down to 1-1 1/2lbs a week. In your case 1lb a week is what you should be aiming for as you don't have too much to lose either.

All the best :smile:
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you, right now it's damage control for Christmas, getting myself into the right mindset. Seems to be going well so far
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    good idea :smile: and it is mostly to do with mindset.
    I find if we don't deprive ourselves too much its more doable in the long run.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It will vary from week to week. My last week I gained 2lbs but I ate at a deficit so I'm retaining water so it will come off eventually. Especially as a female don't expect your weight to come off in a regular fashion.
  • hassanfarhat522
    hassanfarhat522 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Caroline

Caroline

Caroline

• hassanfarhat522
    hassanfarhat522 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I suggest weighing yourself everyday, your body can flunctuate everyday between 3-5lbs and it's usually water weight, what I would recommend to do is weigh yourself everyday and then take the average for the week to get the number that you lost that week, I aim to lose 1.5lbs a week and I'm trying to preserve muscle, drinking lots of water will help so much and it is such an underrated weapon for weight loss.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    in the beginning i was losing 4 pounds a week. now 10 months later i am losing about 2 a week. it fluctuates
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Try not to compare yourself with anyone else's loss rate. It really depends on a lot- male or female, starting weight/how much needs to lose, height, age, activity level, exercise amount and type, health, lifestyle, diet, etc...

Also remember your weight loss may not be steady, I often will lose slowly or not at all for part of the month, then lose rapidly for a week or two.

My average seems to be 0.9 pounds per week. I only have my calorie deficit set for what should be around 0.6 pounds per week loss, so maybe I burn more calories than I thought, or maybe some is just water.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Less than a pound a week; 50 lbs. in 11 months, whatever that averages out to. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    This past week, I had a six and a half pound loss. I am expecting next week to be much lower, given that almost all of that 6.5 was water from intentional glycogen depletion.
  • rebelicious73
    rebelicious73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs in 11 weeks... One week I lost 0, and some weeks are better than others. Don't be discouraged. #goodluck