Exercise calories??

Options
Just wondering if you eat all your exercise calories? I'm not sure whether to include them in my daily count not.

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have my fitbit synced and enter work outs on that app. I eat all or most of it back and have lost as expected minus a few medical hiccups that stalled my progress.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    No. Don't trust the calculator/machines/HRM enough so I go for around 1/2 and use them to justify a drink or two.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    von66 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you eat all your exercise calories? I'm not sure whether to include them in my daily count not.

Yes - but I take a bit more care over my estimates than many and am prepared to make adjustments based on actual results over time.

If you don't want to estimate them on the day then don't set your calorie goal using MFP. Go to a TDEE calculator instead.
  • von66
    von66 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Got Microsoft band which is connected to MFP app. Not certain they can be fully trusted though. I suppose its trial and error.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    von66 wrote: »
    Got Microsoft band which is connected to MFP app. Not certain they can be fully trusted though. I suppose its trial and error.

Yes it is, some people can eat back 100% of their calories, others 50-75%. I belong to the latter group.