Fat but not?

Options
I am 4'11. Female. 19. I weigh 141 pounds. I am told I don't look fat but have more muscle. But I still can workout because my diet is not healthy. How is it possible that I am that heavy without looking fat?

Replies

• eaalonzo11
    eaalonzo11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    dear tinkerbell
    1.how can I be that heavy without looking fat...

Healthy comes in different body packages. Go look at the variety of shapes and sizes of those who competed on the olympics last summer. They all have trained to stay at healthy toned levels, but they were not identically shaped.

2.you stated people tell you..you have more muscles, and people tell you..you don't look fat.

Everyone carries their weight and muscles in a different way; people have different body types (flexibility, tall/short, strength, eye color). Think ancestry.. it is a gift frm your grandparents.

Also, the ones making the comments are looking at their snapshot of your outside picture... while you, since you said your diet is not healthy, you are looking at a fuller health picture of yourself; maybe it is an area that you want tweeked or improved.

Jack LaLanne always encouraged people to eat healthy and exercise for the best health.

I am 64 and see your statement frm a different perspective than where you are now. Give yourself some love and acceptance. Be thankful for the healthy body you currently have.
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    eaalonzo11 wrote: »
    dear tinkerbell
    1.how can I be that heavy without looking fat...

Healthy comes in different body packages. Go look at the variety of shapes and sizes of those who competed on the olympics last summer. They all have trained to stay at healthy toned levels, but they were not identically shaped.

2.you stated people tell you..you have more muscles, and people tell you..you don't look fat.

Everyone carries their weight and muscles in a different way; people have different body types (flexibility, tall/short, strength, eye color). Think ancestry.. it is a gift frm your grandparents.

Also, the ones making the comments are looking at their snapshot of your outside picture... while you, since you said your diet is not healthy, you are looking at a fuller health picture of yourself; maybe it is an area that you want tweeked or improved.

Jack LaLanne always encouraged people to eat healthy and exercise for the best health.

I am 64 and see your statement frm a different perspective than where you are now. Give yourself some love and acceptance. Be thankful for the healthy body you currently have.

What a lovely reply - I think you just made my day :)