Let's talk about your strategy for remaining in maintenance this Christmas?

Options
What is your plan to remain same weight on 1st of January as you are now?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    What is your plan to remain same weight on 1st of January as you are now?

I had a big feast on Thanksgiving Day...I will have a big feast on Christmas day...that is all. I'm actually cutting right now due to some injury weight gain and will likely be 6-8 Lbs down from where I am right now by Christmas...

I don't spend the whole of December gorging myself with food...for the most part, it's like any other month...I eat well and exercise regularly...I'm sure there will be a holiday party or two, but we generally attend some kind of social gathering a couple times per month anyway...so gain, pretty much business as usual.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I won't log Christmas day or new years eve... possibly not boxing day, other than that I'll still be logging and in a deficit, so the scale should only show a bit of water weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Doing what I'm doing now. I probably won't be the same weight because of hormones.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I haven't found that one bigger meal once a month makes any difference at all.
    Just like in weight loss I log everything, if I go over, I find its easy to make up for a few hundred calories later in the week, or over a few days. Usually that just happens naturally.
    Happy holidays everyone, stay on and keep on! :)
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    It's one day.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes @rainbow198 I am just in maintenance since September. Hopefully in few years it won't be a thing, but right now I feel it's important for me to stay on course.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Same I'm doing.. try to stick to my 400 daily deficit and don't sweat it when I go over.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/cwolfman (eating well & exercising); I'm retired now so not subjected to all the "goodies" folks bring into work. Eat well most of the time and don't worry abt the few days I don't. B)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is my 4th Christmas since I got to goal weight, I don't log my foods anymore but I still mentally tot up my daily calories - I wont do this on Christmas & Boxing day, pretty much I will eat what I want (it doesn't take a lot to fill me any more). Then once the holidays are over its back to usual eating routine. I know from previous times/vacations etc that I wont gain any permanent weight, a few pounds perhaps, which will be history in a week or two.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I intend doing the same things that I did while still losing last year: I'm only buying mini mince pies, stollen squares instead of a whole stolen, mini frosted fancies and Christmas cake slices instead of a whole Christmas cake, etc - that way I can have a little taste of everything without having huge serving sizes. Christmas lunch will be mostly just like any other Sunday lunch with the only things extra being stuffing and pigs in blankets. I will have to be careful with the amount of chocolate that will be floating around, but won't be buying any myself. I will eat everything that I want, but I will be logging it all. As others have said, it only happens once a year - I'm expecting to put on a few pounds, but normal service will be resumed as soon as it's over, and I will be back on track before I know it. Got to enjoy Christmas!! But I don't feel the need to go mad.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Not doing anything differently than on any other day.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had two thanksgiving celebrations. I intentionally lost two pounds before them and now I'm back up to my goal. I'll try to do the same before Christmas though I already have three celebrations planned. So perhaps I'll try to lose 3 by then.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    same as i have been doing for a little over a year now.plan my meals and log them.portion them properly and keep leftovers in the freezer to enjoy them later.