Excercising allot for 2 months and taking it easy

Options
Hi over December and January I'm going to have time during the day to excercise bit more with out making excuses I was thinking of using these mini trampoline videos I have and try to do it for 1 hr to half and also watch what I eat if I start losing .. once this time is about over or I reach my goal I was wondering if I cut my excercise to 30 min with videos would that be ok to maintain my weight or do I always have to excercise long time even after I lose weight

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't have to exercise at all to lose weight or keep it off. Exercise has other benefits, but exercise is not what is responsible for weight loss.
  • jlsjenni1992
    jlsjenni1992 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok but it helps burn extra calories I just think it might help things go faster then I can maintain it with just eating good with a little excercise
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about calorie deficit, not exercise. Exercise is great for health, though!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You don't have to exercise at all to lose weight or keep it off. Exercise has other benefits, but exercise is not what is responsible for weight loss.

This. Exercise is nice but not necessary for weight loss, eating at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals is. Same goes for maintenance.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is about taking in fewer calories than you burn. Maintaining weight is about eating the same amount of calories that you burn. Exercise is good for your health, but not crucial for weight loss. Everyday activity seems to be more important for weight management than planned exercise, but if you stick to your exercise, it can have a positive impact.

So I suggest you just start logging your food intake and do it right (accurately and consistently) and hit your calorie goal every day, and then jump on the trampoline for as long as you like.