Intermittent fasting?

Options
jaorti95
jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
Has anyone ever tried or done intermittent fasting? If so can you give me tips?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I seem to do it without trying - most days I fast for at least 16 hours. Nothing special about fasting, it's just not eating. Some days we eat less, and other days we eat more. When done right, intermittent fasting is just a way to structure your eating so that you feel more content with the appropriate amount of calories. It can be done simply by eating "meals". What you call it, doesn't really matter, but it can make influence motivation to stick to your chosen way of eating.
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have been intermittant fasting since August (i have lost 30 Pounds in weight in 4 Months)
    I have my first meal at 12:30 second at 16:30 (Biggest meal of the day) and then a small Protien meal at about 19:00
    I Train on an empty stomache at six in the morning.

I tracked my calories a few weeks ago and saw that i am now actually eating more calories than before i started intermittant fasting.

There is a lot on info on the Internet about the different ways you can do this ithink you just have to find hat best way that fits into your daily schedule.

Take care and greetings from Germany
  • jaorti95
    Options

Thank you so much!! I'm gonna try it out the 16/8 method I'm good at counting calories when I want to and I need to loose about 30 lbs thank you for advice and greetings from Texas!

dfc4 wrote: »
    Hi, i have been intermittant fasting since August (i have lost 30 Pounds in weight in 4 Months)
    I have my first meal at 12:30 second at 16:30 (Biggest meal of the day) and then a small Protien meal at about 19:00
    I Train on an empty stomache at six in the morning.

I tracked my calories a few weeks ago and saw that i am now actually eating more calories than before i started intermittant fasting.

There is a lot on info on the Internet about the different ways you can do this ithink you just have to find hat best way that fits into your daily schedule.

Take care and greetings from Germany

• jaorti95
    Options

Your right I do find myself eating in this time frame anyways at times. I do eat breakfast tho. And I'm in the medical field so really I can only eat around 12-1 and then get out of work around 5ish and from there I get home and have dinner but my problem is late snacking so maybe the 16/8 method would give me discipline

I seem to do it without trying - most days I fast for at least 16 hours. Nothing special about fasting, it's just not eating. Some days we eat less, and other days we eat more. When done right, intermittent fasting is just a way to structure your eating so that you feel more content with the appropriate amount of calories. It can be done simply by eating "meals". What you call it, doesn't really matter, but it can make influence motivation to stick to your chosen way of eating.

• itsalifestylenotadiet
    Options
    I do 16/8 also and find that it works best for me. I have ginger lemon, chamomile and some other kind of hot flavored tea every single night. It gives me something with flavor, no calories to keep from snacking at night and it has done wonders for my stomach.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    What type of intermittent fasting are you considering? There is Eat, Stop, Eat which is one or two 24 hour periods a week of total fasting (only non-caloric fluids) where you establish your calorie deficit through the fasting, 16-8, 14-10, when you have an eating window that is smaller than normal and a larger time fasting, or 5-2 where you eat as maintenance five days a week and only 500 calories on the other 2, or the warrior diet, and more. Which one you are considering makes a difference.

I personally have done Eat, Stop, Eat and it worked well for me as not eating 24 hours is not really difficult for me. I have also tried 16-8, and it also worked well with my normal patterns of eating. I don't do them now because changes in my life have made eating 3 meals a day more convenient.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    I wanna try the 16:8 method it works best with my schedule. I want to use it as loosing weight and controlling my eating habits.

What type of intermittent fasting are you considering? There is Eat, Stop, Eat which is one or two 24 hour periods a week of total fasting (only non-caloric fluids) where you establish your calorie deficit through the fasting, 16-8, 14-10, when you have an eating window that is smaller than normal and a larger time fasting, or 5-2 where you eat as maintenance five days a week and only 500 calories on the other 2, or the warrior diet, and more. Which one you are considering makes a difference.

I personally have done Eat, Stop, Eat and it worked well for me as not eating 24 hours is not really difficult for me. I have also tried 16-8, and it also worked well with my normal patterns of eating. I don't do them now because changes in my life have made eating 3 meals a day more convenient.