Gaining weight just because

Options
I started with exercise and healthy eating when I was underweight five months ago - now that I'm healthy weight, I'm trying to keep this weight but even doing daily workouts and eating no more than my BMI amount of calories I still gaining kg. It was awesome when that was my goal, but now I don't want to gain more weight. I have no clue about what I'm doing wrong. It may sound fake but when I stop doing my rotine for a week or two I loss some kg again. The fact is I want to stay fit without gaining more weight. Any tip? Do you know what's going on?

Replies

• therunningirl
    therunningirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sounds like water weight. Do you know your muscles retain water when you're sore?
  • SandraFitnow
    SandraFitnow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds like water weight. Do you know your muscles retain water when you're sore?

Could be. Anyways, usually I'm not thirsty so almost everyday I drink less than 1L. I know I should drink more though. Still being an explanation?
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you give us a rough idea of how many kilos you're talking about? Maintenance is a range, not a static number. So if your overall trend is steady with a few minor ups and downs I think you're fine. My weight can fluctuate a few kilos from one day to the next, just based upon what I've consumed. The scale had a look of horror the morning after Thanksgiving. :astonished: But I know it will go back down so I'm not worried.
  • SandraFitnow
    SandraFitnow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a rough idea of how many kilos you're talking about? Maintenance is a range, not a static number. So if your overall trend is steady with a few minor ups and downs I think you're fine. My weight can fluctuate a few kilos from one day to the next, just based upon what I've consumed. The scale had a look of horror the morning after Thanksgiving. :astonished: But I know it will go back down so I'm not worried.

I started with 49kg and after 4 months I achieved my goal (57kg). Two months later I reached the 61kg and after two weeks without doing my workout rutine and eating the same than before I lost 3kg. A week ago I started with my rutine again and I've gained a kilo since then.
    I check my weight weekly and not daily because of fluctuations you talk about, and I use to change the cals I have to include on my diet depending on my new BMI. Last two months my goal was loss weight (not gain or maintain as it was before) so I ate less calories, but it doesn't matter at all.