My scale is a bit off

Options
It's roughly 4 pounds off from the Doctors. Since I only go there once every 4 to 6 months what reading would you guys use? Not sure if i should subtract 4 from mine every weigh in or just stick with my scales reading.

Replies

• mbird2132
    mbird2132 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Could be both are right...do you weigh at home, in the morning before food and without clothes/shoes? For the doc, do you weigh later in the day, after eating, and wearing clothes/shoes? For me that is the difference.:smile:
    At home undies in the AM.. At the Doctor was light weight clothing (because it's hot as balls) with light running sneakers about an hour after I did my home weigh in. Good idea though I should have weighed myself at home with that on to compare. I'm guessing it should not be more than 2 pounds of clothing. So 2 pounds off is not that bad for a home scale. But what reading should I use or make an adjustment?
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I would say the consistency of tracking your progress (whatever that means for you) is much more important that which number (if either) is exactly correct.