365 days of MFP

Options
j5keonw0kbga.png
jbqh8yawabca.png

365 days! What a journey! The first word that comes to mind when I think about this is, discipline. Tracking my calories for the last 365 days has been a pretty incredible eye opening experience. What I learned through the process is that in order to see LASTING results there has to be a WHY (and for long lasting results it probably really isn’t about the last 10 lbs). Being accountable to someone or something helps to reach a goal. I love to work out (I always have), but 80% of the work for me is in the kitchen. I could work out all day long, but if I sabotage myself by the choices I make with food, results will be disappointing. Discipline is hard. It comes easier for some people then for others. For me, it’s part of who I am. Seeing rewards in a quantitative number is pretty rewarding. The process is not over. Just because I’ve reached a milestone, I’m not stopping. This is my new normal. And I love that I have finally found something that works for me. And through this whole year of tracking calories, I have never felt deprived. I’ve just adjusted. I still have room for chocolate and ice cream. I’ve just realized I don’t need as much of it as I used to. Victories come in all different ways. It’s not always about the number on the scale (called non-scale victories (NSV)). Smaller clothes, compliments from friends, a glance in the mirror at the gym (and feeling good about it), lifting heavier weights, inches lost, whatever it takes, it all makes a difference and is worth the celebration! So, as out of my comfort zone it is for me to post something like this, a celebration of a goal is just another NSV that is part of this little journey.

#discipline #myfitnesspal #workingforitnotwishingforit

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the hardwork, commitment and payoff!
  • scottwysz
    scottwysz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the accountability factor myself. By eating 5-6 times a day, I have been able to suppress cravings. I have found that I can have a few bites of something sinful and move on, realizing that all I needed was a taste. I'm also approaching my 365th day off logging. You look great, and your smile shows your confidence in knowing you've got this.
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) Congratulations! I feel it's very important to celebrate things like this. It really looks like you've lost a lot more!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!