I give up. Seriously ...can't do this.

Options
124»

Replies

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Whoa - the fact that you've lost 7 pounds in 35 days when you don't have much to lose is AWESOME. Seriously, as long as the number is going down you're winning. Your friend can eat more because she weighs more. I wish I could lose 7 pounds in a month - and I don't weigh that much more than you! Keep it up. This won't happen in a day - or a month.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Take the easy way out and quit. Done.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    you are not getting the proper nutrition. at under 1200 calories. when a body is undernourished it will begin to cannibalize "food sources" from within... lean muscle mass and fat will both be lost... just like being unable to "spot reduce" as in losing some "flab" around the middle... you cannot JUST lose fat.. some muscle mass will be sacrificed as well... toss the scale in the garbage and focus on increasing your physical ability and energy levels, while creating healthier eating habits. I recently had a body comp reading done at my gym... ( a fancy "scale" that measures a few metrics related to healthy parameters) the downer for me was that I am currently at 45.2% body fat... so... I am going to be aiming for around 1/2 that for a realistic goal (being a 52 year old male with type 2 diabetes)... BUT the telling metric for me was that my TDEE was around 2100 calories which according to "the guy" suggested that I was fairly active. as evidence of that I hit the gym 3-5 times/ week on the strong lifts program and doing regular cardio consisting of 30-40 minutes of elliptical and at least once/week I torture myself on the stairmaster doing up to 3 sets at 20 floors each increasing the level from 4-9.

SO... what am I saying? I am saying... I am more focused on increasing my ability than reducing my weight... North Americans as a whole have lost sight of the fact that our bodies have evolved over the millennia to survive via hard physical labour... and it's only been over the past 75 years or so that we have begun depriving ourselves of that need... exercise allows our bodies to process our nutrients, and to expel them as well... we need our bodies to produce all the hormones, and chemicals, such as dopamine, adrenaline, endorphin, and the list goes on. however without regular strenuous exercise we produce too little of these "things" and we begin to suffer from physical degeneration... you are at a critical stage of your life... the las tthing you should be doing is depriving yourself of nutrients...

forget the scale... concentrate on getting your sweat on and after a while you will begin to feel the lastin effects of a healthy active lifestyle and your frined will be comparing herself to you.