Scale

Options
I'm obsessed with my scale. I weigh myself every day. I know I need to stop because sometimes even on days I am way below my calories and exercise I don't lose weight! How often does everyone weigh?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weighing every day as long as you understand that fluctuations happen. It's pretty much impossible to lose weight every single day. I weigh every morning and record my weight into an app called Happy Scale, and from there it smooths out the fluctuations so I can see the true loss. It's only available on iOS, though, but if you have an Android phone they have a similar app called Libra. There are also web-based ones such as Trendweight you can use.
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh a few times a week, but I only "count" my official weigh in day (Friday morning for me) as my official weight that I use to gauge my losses/gains. I have weighed before on a Tuesday and be 3 lbs heavier than my Friday weigh in, so I know now not to freak out since fluctuations can be so large from day to day. :smiley:
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing is okay as long as you understand that weight loss is not linear. Chart your results and remember the number doesn't matter, only the trend.
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh and chart my weight twice a day most days... it's nice to see a graph. Do I let it bother me? If I gain weight, yes. Do I let it control my life? Absolutely not.