Intermittment fasting - when does my fast begin?

Options
KesaKesa
KesaKesa Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!

I have a question about when my fast period begins. I follow the 16:8 and usually finish my last meal about 5 or 6pm and don't eat breakfast until 16 hours later. However, late at night about 10pm i like to have a drink before i go to bed. This drink is usually a sugar free soft drink which according to the nutritional information has about 3-5 calories. Does this mean my 16 hour no food period begin at 5-6pm when i have my last meal or does it start at 10pm after my 3-5 calorie drink? I am aware that there is an allowable amount of calories (30-50?) that can be consumed during a fast that will not interrupt the fast but doesn't the fat burning period begin after 12 hours? How will 3-5 calories 4 hours after my final meal affect my fast? What time does my fast begin?

Replies

• TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Those 3-4 calories will make you gain twenty pounds. Don't do it!!

Just kidding. Go to the fast diet website and look under FAQ. They explain how to schedule your fast days.

Just realized you are doing "window" I.F. and not alternate day. I have read anything under 50 calories is not considered to break a fast.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffe, water, and sometimes tea during my fasting hours. Its really up to you. My eating window is 2-10pm but I need my coffee when I get up and drink a ton of water during the day.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Most generally consider under 50 calories not breaking fast. I'll drink coffee
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Most fasting protocols allow black coffee/tea which are around 2 calories a cup. So I'd say your late night drink won't effect fasting in a negative way.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, most would say your fast began after your last meal. Don't over think it.