favorite beer

Options

Replies

• _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Stone Mocha IPA has a very special place in my heart. I'm also very fond of Pumpkinator from St. Arnold's in Houston as well.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I believe you from the profile pic
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Budweiser .
  • firescooch
    firescooch Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ummm Budweiser
  • Locked_On_Target
    Locked_On_Target Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All depends on the mood, if it's an:

IPA: Sip of Sunshine, Lawson's Finest Liquids
    Focal Banger, The Alchemist
    Thrust, Great Lakes Brewing Co.
    Haze, Treehouse

Pale Ale: Zombie Dust, 3 Floyd's

Stout(BA): Bourbon County, Goose Island
    Cafe del Bastardo, Nickel Brook

Wild Ale: Grandma's Boy, Bellwoods
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia, so my knowledge of craft American beers is... well.. probably not as good as many of you!

My favourite US beer is definitely Lost Coast Brewery's Indica IPA from California. Banging hops and the branding is just beautiful. I have a couple of their marketing artworks framed in my house!

Best local brew (Melbourne):
    Hargreaves Hill Brewing Co. ESB. Its the absolute tits. I could drink it for days on end.

Best Euro:
    Delirium Tremens Belgian Strong Ale. 15% ABV, served in a stone coated bottle. What's not to like?
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Kilkenny when I find it, Shiner Bock when back in TEXAS
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Surly Furious or Over-Rated, most IPA's are good in my book though
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I love craft beer! I'm lucky enough to live in a small college town with four of its own small breweries. I love their stuff, but if I'm drinking bigger more well-known craft beers, some of my favorites are Westbrook's Mexican Cake, Hill Farmstead's Brother Soigne, Alchemist's Heady Topper, Firestone Walker's Parabola, any number of Wicked Weed's sours. This weekend, I was at a bottle share and got to finally try some Funky Buddha. That was amazing, too! Yay beer!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    All depends on the mood, if it's an:

IPA: Sip of Sunshine, Lawson's Finest Liquids
    Focal Banger, The Alchemist
    Thrust, Great Lakes Brewing Co.
    Haze, Treehouse

Pale Ale: Zombie Dust, 3 Floyd's

Stout(BA): Bourbon County, Goose Island
    Cafe del Bastardo, Nickel Brook

Wild Ale: Grandma's Boy, Bellwoods

Lawson's Sip of Sunshine is excellent! If you ever get a chance to lay your hands on some of Fiddlehead's Mastermind, try it! It's in the same style as SoS, but I think it's even better! This summer we got to their brewery on a release day and got to try it super-fresh. That style of IPA is mindblowingly good when it's fresh!
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    This time of year, Shiner Holiday Cheer is my fave. But a tip of the hat to Genesee Brew House's Salted Caramel Chocolate porter and Leinenkugel Cranberry Ginger Shandy!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My favorite of late has been "The Bruery" in Orange County CA.

Mischief - Belgian Style Strong Ale
    Trade Winds - Belgian Style Triple with Thai Basil
    Or Xata - Kind of an oddity, a beer that tastes and feels like a Mexican or Spanish Horchata

They also have a sister brewery called "Bruery Terreux" which is definitely worth a look if you are into Sours or what some might call Oddities.
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Coors Light !
  • mikemiresse
    mikemiresse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Deschutes Brewery, Obsidian Stout. When I'm in the mood for a dark beer that I know I like, that's my fav! I'm also a home brewer and make a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout that is very good (if I do say so myself).
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Or Xata - Kind of an oddity, a beer that tastes and feels like a Mexican or Spanish Horchata

They also have a sister brewery called "Bruery Terreux" which is definitely worth a look if you are into Sours or what some might call Oddities.

Their autumn maple is pretty good for a nice fall treat
  • _ddgjr_
    _ddgjr_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Too bad you're not my neighbor. I've been giving away cases of Bruery stuff. I used to be a huge fan.
  • xDesertxRatx
    xDesertxRatx Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I live in the home of Cider so beer not really my thing. But Warsteiner is awesome and myy go to beer if i am in the mood.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Right now...

5bfbglb1zh7g.jpg
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    wasatch polygamy porter (polygamy beer in Utah ;) ), Dead Guy, Black Butte...I like my porters :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia, so my knowledge of craft American beers is... well.. probably not as good as many of you!

My favourite US beer is definitely Lost Coast Brewery's Indica IPA from California. Banging hops and the branding is just beautiful. I have a couple of their marketing artworks framed in my house!

Best local brew (Melbourne):
    Hargreaves Hill Brewing Co. ESB. Its the absolute tits. I could drink it for days on end.

Best Euro:
    Delirium Tremens Belgian Strong Ale. 15% ABV, served in a stone coated bottle. What's not to like?

@SideshowTam Its 25 years since I was in Oz. Had a great time and Just loved the local sayings - that would get me thrown out of most business in my little town.