Please HELP!!!!

Options
Okay, I am totally confused. I have been consistently watching my food intake for the last month, having three smalls and two snacks daily (1200 cal. or less).The meals consist mostly of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, flax. I started out walking one/two miles a day but for the last two weeks I have been walking 3 to 4 miles a day and at least 20 min. of strength training. Also, in the last three weeks I have been jogging in intervals during my daily walk. I also started with a cleanse called Taio he cleanse that helped me kick start my weight loss in the past. I drink at least 8- 8oz. glasses of water a day. I've substituted dairy for Almond milk. I don't eat any bread except for the occasional spinach or wheat wrap. So I just weighed in one month later and I've gained three pounds. What am I doing wrong? The only things I can think of is my cycle just ended, but even before that the weight wasn't coming off, I drank a few protein drinks which I don't know is conducive with weight loss but saw that another user had success with it. Any how, I am so disappointed and convinced that my body does not know how to lose weight. Please help! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Replies

• Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You are going to get alot of different advice. However you are doing alot of excercise and probably going below BMR. So your body is storing the fuel. Check out the Eat more weigh less threads/forums here. It has been very helpful and makes lots of sense.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Could it be that your body has gone in to starvation mode? You're probably building some muscle, too, with all that great exercise. I'm new here and not an expert but if you're eating less than 1200 calories a day AND exercising, that might be too few calories. When you log your food and exercise, does the MFP system tell you to eat more calories?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you are underfeeding yourself. I know it sounds backwards, but eating a bit more could make it easier for you to shed weight. Find out what your BMR is and make sure you NET that many calories each day.
  • SDBerg03
    SDBerg03 Posts: 3
    Options
    It could be what the others have said above, or it could be that you're gaining muscle weight...or it could be both? Try bumping up to the 1500 calorie mark and see if that makes a difference...if not..then maybe cut back a bit on your strength training? I'm not an expert, but I've had it happen to me in the past.
    Good luck!