How fast can I lose 30 pounds?

Options
I'm 175 and want to be 145. I'd like to accomplish this goal within 3 months. How do I lose it within that time span?

Replies

• healthy_dani
    Options
    According to my doctor the healthiest rate of weightloss is about two pounds a week three at the most.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    15 Weeks. IF you can lose 2 lbs a week. Which, I never have been able to. =)
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pick the leg you like the least and have it removed?
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 1/2 months to lose 30 pounds. I started in January at 173 and got to 143 by mid-June.
  • msny15
    msny15 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was 179 after giving birth to my 3rd child - I got serious January 1st - excersizing and 1500 cals a day - I just hit my 30 pound loss this month!!!!!!!!!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Someone said I could lose 30 pounds of ugly fat by just cutting off my head. I replied, "Mother, if you don't stop..."
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 3 months? Yes.

Is losing 30 pounds in 3 months a healthy weight loss goal? No.

If you're looking for a healthy goal, I'd say 1-1.5 pounds per week, which would put you at 15-20 pounds in the course of 3 months.

Good luck!
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In 2010, I lost 25 lbs. in 5 months through reduced calorie eating alone. Then I started incorporating exercise.

I think 5 lbs. a month is realistic for someone with 30 lbs. to lose.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I did it in about 3 months...BUT, I'm WAY heavier so it just kinda melted off.
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

This ... LOL!!
  • mustapekka
    mustapekka Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey, that's pretty much exactly what I'm planning - 30 pounds in 3 months! (I'm around your current size as well.)

I'm positive that it's possible to achieve - with hard work.

Add me if you want, we can motivate each other!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    NOt likely unless you plan on becoming malnourished. You would not benefit from losing 30lbs in 3 months. Quite frankly, its almost impossible for someone that isnt in the 250lbs plus range to lose that much in such a short time. Plus, you will end up gaining a lot of it back once you stop. Aim for 2lbs a week which means close to 20-24lbs in 3 months which is more realistic. Also, as you go down in body weight it will become harder and harder to lose.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    VLCD, ATKINS, CUT OFF BODY PART.
    In my experience, they make you grumpy and smelly
  • born2drum
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHa :drinker:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Placing a date on it is the worst thing you could do
  • born2drum
    Options

Yea, this too. It never works out the way we want it lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    To lose 30 pounds you need to give yourself 9 months to a year. Any sort of strict time constraint is just going to set you up for disappointment if you don't reach your goal in time. And there's no way you could lose ten pounds a month, if you only have 30 to lose. That's just nuts.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options

This! Make a goal and work towards it and you'll do great. Weight loss is not an overnight thing. I'm sure it's taken you ages to put on. Like in pregnancy it takes 9 months to put on the weight, it's going to take that long if not more to get the body you desire. 1-2 lbs per week is what's recommended. Good luck
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i've been at this in all seriousness since 2011. i've only lost 10 lbs since then. so yeah, i'd love to accelerate my weight loss ;) still have about 15-20 to go.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Surely you didn't put that 30 pounds on in 3 months what makes you think it's going to come off in 3 months!!!!! :grumble:

Exercise, figure out your TDEE and BMR and you will lose, but not the amount YOU want to lose!! Good luck!! :flowerforyou: