Monitoring your weight

Options
How often should you weigh in?

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I generally weigh in once a week, good or bad.....LOL I know people that weigh themselves everyday. I don't think I could personally do that. Best of Luck!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It becomes a personal thing. I weigh daily because I like to see numbers. I see how the scale goes up and down and have come to terms with it. I think I'd have a bigger issue with hitting the scale once in a week, and it being an up day.

I take measurements weekly. But just started doing that.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning as soon as i get up, and then track - so i can see a trend line (just because i might be up in weight one day, my trend line may be heading down)
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    As often as you feel you need to in efforts to effectively track your progress without become obsessive or demotivated with potential ups, downs and flatlines.

It's 100% subjective.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I feel like this thread comes up so often that there should be a sticky for it.

As others have said it comes down to personal preference. Some people love data and trends and weigh every day. Others are fine doing it once a week or whenever. Find what works best for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in a few days per week...just keep in mind that you're going to see fluctuations both up and down...I'd suggest using an app like Libra to track the trend.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    YOU should weigh in as often as you want. If you use your weight as a point of data in a larger database of information, you should want to weigh in at consistently repeated intervals.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everytime I go to the gym - I tossed my scale in the garbage decades ago because I got a little obsessed with my weight. I only log my weight a few times a month. If I have a pretty extreme weight loss or gain I'll wait to log it and see what the scale says the next time. It's what works for me.
  • lizzyh207
    lizzyh207 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weight in on the first of every month or as close to the first as I go to the gym. I find I become to obsessive if I weigh in everyday and even every week.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning as soon as i get up, and then track - so i can see a trend line (just because i might be up in weight one day, my trend line may be heading down)

Same here. I find it much more useful.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,436 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale at the gym every time i go but recently bought a home digital scale. I'm ocd about weighing myself at home 10 times a day, but i still go by the one at the gym & update whenever i go down a pound or more