How many calories burned shivering and

Options
brushing your teeth vigorously?

Even though this is a joke post I have to admit these thoughts have crossed my mind like it just might help, lol.

Hey I've got til next summer cutting and a lifetime of counting calories and calories burned so I need some humor right?

Any you've thought of?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How about chewing sugar free gum? Making gum a negative calorie food. FTW!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Chasing down my birds when they wont go back in their cage when they bite the cats XD hahah

:laugh: :laugh:

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Chasing down my birds when they wont go back in their cage when they bite the cats XD hahah

:laugh: :laugh:
    Don't Worry their friends XD But yeah thats the general reaction to the bratty birds harassing the innocent gentle patient kitties lol
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Hahaha these are good!!

I don't feel alone in my silly head thoughts:).

The ice cold water, I've thought the same thing!!!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    If cold water would do that in theory wouldnt hot also do the same? Besides it being significantly harder to swallow alot of hot tea fast XD
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    When brushing your teeth vigorously, if you swallow some of the toothpaste, would the calories in the toothpaste negate the calorie burn?

Poo, don't rain on my parade! :smile:
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If cold water would do that in theory wouldnt hot also do the same? Besides it being significantly harder to swallow alot of hot tea fast XD

No. Because the hot tea would actually provide energy to heat your body up so your body wouldn't have to spend so many calories doing that. So, if the theory was correct, hot water would actually have positive calories. But food calories are actually kilocalories, so both the "hot water effect" and the "cold water effect" ought to be negligible.

And I appear to use the word "actually" way too much.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    When brushing your teeth vigorously, if you swallow some of the toothpaste, would the calories in the toothpaste negate the calorie burn?

Poo, don't rain on my parade! :smile:

Sorry. I must be one of those mean people you keep reading about. I'm making my peace with it. :laugh:
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    There's an old, old thread on here where someone wanted to count the calories they burned standing up on the bus on the way to work o_0

How many calories did they think it would burn? That's important:).
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    There's an old, old thread on here where someone wanted to count the calories they burned standing up on the bus on the way to work o_0

How many calories do i burn elbowing strange guys repeatedly when they keep grindign up against me on full busses. Thatd be some fun math XD
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Taking a long hot bath can burn 140 calories, allegedly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36744906

Bathercise.