Gallbladder Removal Questions?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I hope everything goes well for you. I am much better after losing that organ. It was not nice to me.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    After gallbladder surgery the only side effect was no awful pain. I can eat a greasy meal no problem.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had no clue how sick it had made me until I had mine removed. I felt better as soon as the anesthesia wore off. I lost weight after the surgery just by adhering to the new diet restrictions. I gained it back and lost it a couple times with 2 pregnancies.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was in the hospital for 8 days for the gallbladder. Gained 18 pounds during the hospital stay, was not eating. Must have been the saline or whatever in the bag. Then I had to go back a week later to the hospital and gained 8 pounds. A month later went for a one day procedure and gained 4.
    I asked the doctor about eating fats and all since the gallbladder is out. He said "when you had your gallbladder, you shouldn't have been eating fats. Now without your gallbladder you can eat all the fats you want". This is truly, a surgeon, told me this.
    I actually had lost weight on my own beforehand. Since the surgery I am up and down the same pounds.