Your Favorite "It's Too Hot" Meal?

Options

Replies

• NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Salad w/lots of veggies (and I'll sometimes add some tuna packed in water or cold chicken if I have leftovers)

Also, I sometimes just have 1 cup of plain non-fat greek yogurt, 1 cup of sliced fruit (usually berries), 2 TBS of chopped walnuts, 1 TBS ground flaxseed, 1 TBS orange blossom honey. Very cool and refreshing.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Something with chilli. You think it's hot? You don't know nuthin' yet!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken Kabobs with a variety of grilled veggies, salad
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    okroshka (it's a russian cold soup)

the broth is made with water and sour cream (or kefir or greek yogurt), vinegar, dill and salt to taste.

to the broth is added diced potatoes, diced hard-boiled egg whites, diced cumcumber, green onions, and diced baby bologna

depending on your ingredients it can be 75-100 calories per cup of soup.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Ceviche...

I use Halibut or Snapper...about 12 oz for 2-3 people depending on how hungry you are. "cook" in 2 oz of tequila and about 1.5 cups of fresh lime juice for about 4 hours. Drain...in mixing bowl add 1 Tbsp or so fresh orange juice, red onion, cilantro, a minced jalapeno (seeded), and a bit of s&p to taste. Serve with ice cold beer.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie with protein powder, I just take frozen fruit and mix it with vanilla protein powder and ice, sometimes add some Splenda.

Or protein powder milkshake: chocolate whey protein powder, pb2 or powdered peanut butter, 1 glass ice cold milk, ice, optional banana and almonds. Blend it together, stick in freezer for about 10 minutes and enjoy.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I made Shrimp salad last week! Even my salad-adverse husband liked it.

I used frozen shrimp so they just had to be thawed. Lettuce, whatever veggies you want to add (I did pepper, onion, carrot, sugar snap peas) all tossed in a peanut dressing with some siracha. I also added rice noodles which took about two minutes on the stove to boil.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sandwiches
    salads
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Penne Pasta w/olive oil, onions, sundried tomatoes, and garlic + seasonings, place that on top of a bed of Romaine. I throw whatever leftover veggies with the pasta mix... then I add some dressing (goddess, or my homemade lower calorie version).
    Yum! I'm having it tonight.
  • coffee_fiend
    coffee_fiend Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love frozen peanut butter & jellys! Put one together then stick it in a freezer for a couple hours.. so delicious.
  • nicolaturner1986
    nicolaturner1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If we can't be bothered cooking we order Tandoori Chicken with Salad and Pitta from our local indian.

We don't mind cooking regardless of the weather so tomorrow we're having Fajitas which are quick, easy and filling :-)

I like making a roast chicken to go with Salad too, I use the Hairy Dieter's recipe - slice an onion into rings and place on baking tray and lay chicken onto the onion, push some Thyme under the chicken skin, squeeze a lemon over the chicken and put half the lemon inside the chicken and pop in the oven, 30 mins before the end place bacon over the chicken and pop back in the oven. - The chicken is always lovely and juicy when we do it this way (we never eat the skin either, its really calorific) :-)

x
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. Will be adding many of them into my rotation.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I make 2 super easy things:

1. Cheaters gazpacho. Blend 1-2 cucumbers with a jar of salsa. Eat cold.
    2. Cottage Cheese, Marinara sauce, fresh basil chopped, garlic and salt to taste. I call it diet Lasagne. Eat cold.

gazpacho, I agree is a must simply fantastic! however I would never sub a jar of salsa :X missing out on the finer things in life to use salsa in place of vine ripe tomato's for shame!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When it's hot outside, I want to eat something either fast or cold. I don't eat what I cook for the family usually since I am the one trying to lose weight, not them. Fast for the kids would be grilled cheese and soup. That I can eat with them if I choose since the soup is 60 calories per cup and the grilled cheese is about 200 per sandwich. Cold would be again a sandwich of sorts with pickles, fruit or cereal. For the family. A cold meal would be subs. Usually when we do sandwiches or subs for dinner, we end up going out for a picnic.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of salads with parmesan and real bacon bits, and/or cottage cheese with fresh fruit — strawberries are my current favorite, but blueberries, a chopped pear or apple (with a dash of cinnamon), any fruit really is good. I also eat a lot of scrambled eggs with chopped tomatoes, peppers, green onion, spinach, or whatever veggies I have to throw in, along with cheese and bacon bits.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    any form of ceviche is great during the summer heat

ceviche2.jpg
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'll just make a big ol' smoothie with protein powder, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, peanut butter, and spinach. Quick, easy, and cold!
  • CeCe_711
    CeCe_711 Posts: 35
    Options
    shopska salad!!! sooooo delicious!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    leftovers..straight from the refrigerator...cold :flowerforyou:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Tacos