HELP 911! Need to make Potato Salad

trejon
trejon Posts: 203
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Having BBQ and working on potato salad. Do you have a recipe that is so awesome my taste buds will turn Micheal Jackson and moonwalk? Please leave the drugs out - just the dancing :laugh: .

Also you can throw in a Margarita recipe also. Just got a free bottle of Patron :drinker: Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    No potato salad recipe, but this margarita recipe rocks if you don't mind the nutra-sweet!

HG's Magical Low-Calorie Margarita

(Entire recipe: 115 calories, 0g fat, 55mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, <0.5g sugars, 0g protein = 2 Points)

This one's an old favorite...and it ROCKS!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup Sierra Mist Free (or Diet Sprite Zero, or your other fave no-cal lemon-lime soda)
    *1.5 oz. tequila
    1 packet (two 5-calorie servings) sugar-free powdered drink mix, lemonade (like the one by Crystal Light)
    2 tbsp. lime juice
    Optional: lime slice for garnish and salt or no-calorie sweetener for rim of glass

Directions:

If desired, run some lime juice along the rim of the glass and dip into a dish of salt or sweetener. Mix all ingredients together. Pour over 1 cup of crushed ice. Optional: Garnish with lime slice. Enjoy. Serves 1!
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Dill Potato Salad

25 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Ingredients
    5 cups potato, diced
    1 cup light mayonnaise
    2 tbsp dill weed, dried
    1/4 cup onions, chopped
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 cup yellow mustard or spicy mustard
    Directions
    Peel and dice potatoes. Boil in water until potatoes are just starting to get soft. Do not overcook.
    Drain and cool potatoes. Set aside.
    In a large bowl add mayo, mustard, stir well. Add dill, garlic powder, and onion , stir well.
    Once the potatoes are cool add them to the mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours

Number of Servings: 8
    Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 8
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 111.7
    Total Fat: 1.5 g
    Cholesterol: 3.2 mg
    Sodium: 415.7 mg
    Total Carbs: 23.1 g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
    Protein: 2.9 g
  • mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    Personaly id go with a 50/50 mix off Hellmans Lighter Than Light Mayo and Heinz Light Salad Cream. I normaly add either paprika or garlic or chives or cajun spices to mine for that extra flavour.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    This is the BEST and EASIEST potato salad EVER! I'm sure it's not the most calorie friendly, but it's just for one day :wink: . And I just use plain ole' white potatoes, peeled, of course. Your taste buds will explode and you will dance LOL!!

Red Skinned Potato Salad

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings
    Ingredients
    2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
    6 eggs
    1 pound bacon
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 stalk celery, finely chopped
    2 cups mayonnaise
    salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
    2.Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
    3.Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
    4.Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/red-skinned-potato-salad/Detail.aspx
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Creative! =)
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    I don't have the breakdown of nutrition on this. You can make it with regular, light, or fat free mayo and sour cream (it's thicker and creamier w/ the regular, but also much higher in fat and calories!)

Red Potato Salad

4-5# Red Potatoes (don't peel)
    3 hard boiled eggs
    Fresh Bacon Bits (to taste - too much over powers it)
    1 chopped onion (I use Walla Walla sweet)
    1 Celery Stalk
    1 Cup Mayo (regular, light, or fat free)
    1 Cup Sour Cream (regular, light or fat free)
    1 1/2 Tbsp course ground pepper
    2 1/2 tsp Course Sea Salt
    1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
    1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (if desired)
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 1/2 tsp Paprika
    Slivered almonds (to taste or texture you prefer)

Boil potatoes w/skin on in salted water. Cook until tender but not too mushy (approx 12-15 minutes). Drain and cool.
    Boil, chop, and peel eggs.
    Chop onions and celery
    Chop COOLED potatoes into 1-1/2" chunks and add to a big bowl with the chopped eggs, onion, celery, and bacon bits.
    Put Mayo and Sour Cream and seasonings in a seperate bowl and mix well. Then add the mxiture to the large bowl of potatoes.
    Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
    Chill well before serving.

(This gets very good reviews from those that have tasted it, by the way!!)

879845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Thanks all! I took all your ingredients and made one to my specific taste. Houston we have moonwalking tastebuds. Made it really low calorie, nowfat and taste good. Once again thanks. Could not have done it without you.:smooched:
This discussion has been closed.