when no one else in the house wants to change eating habits

Options
2»

Replies

• BombShelle71
    BombShelle71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I meal prep all my meals except dinner but, I plan out our dinners ahead of time so I know if I should cut back on certain things earlier in the day i.e. foods higher in fats, carbs, sodium etc. That way I enjoy the same meals with the family at dinner time. Of course, I cook those too so they're usually healthy and if they don't like it they can fend for themselves. I have made sure that both my sons (teenagers) know how to cook so they don't rely on me for their meals all the time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    maryjay52 wrote: »
    i am learning to manage this .. my three full grown teen boys eat everything that is not nailed down and then some ..they can care less about eating healthy. they are all on sports teams and burn it off easily and see no consequences in their eating habits. i have tried to explain the healthy reasons why i am making my own changes but as typical teens think they are invincible. so for me i started making up food for myself and put it in the fridge.. when we had burgers the other night i had a burger too but on a spring greens and spinach salad , no cheese no dressing ..only vinegar and a tbl of olive oil and beets . i was full and glad i didnt eat the fries and bread and cheese .. if i did not prepare stuff ahead of time then i would've had what they had .. preparation is the key to all this in my eyes

You've got this. You GO!
  • tunni2013
    tunni2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband eating much more than me and he motivate me to eat much that is very harmful for my health. i decide that i don't eat with him together.i have no way to control this.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've said this before: Why define "healthy" as different from what you feed your kids? You can eat burgers with buns as part of a "healthy" diet.

My general philosophy is that I'm not going to cook multiple meals, and I'm not going to cook nothing but junk (but I will cook things some people think of as junk, like cookies or fried foods). everyone gets the same assortment of foods, and I might eat less but my teenage son might eat more.

(example: I make grilled pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli and caprese salad. I usually will have one potato and a big pile of broccoli. My son will have two potatoes and ...okay, he'll also have a big pile of broccoli. It's all in the portion sizes.