Disabled veteran with limitations

Options
Hi everyone I am 28 with a severely damaged spine, according to the doctor's I am supposed to be walking with a Cain for the rest of my life that is till i am forced into a 4 wheel alternative..... 5 years after incident I walk relatively normal besides a limp when I push myself too hard

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    That's great news that you're doing so well.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    djinn924 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am 28 with a severely damaged spine, according to the doctor's I am supposed to be walking with a Cain for the rest of my life that is till i am forced into a 4 wheel alternative..... 5 years after incident I walk relatively normal besides a limp when I push myself too hard
    Everyone has limitations, they're just different for everyone. I'm a disabled vet as well, non-combat related, but I still had to deal with the limitations, and accept the fact that sometimes I have to work within certain limitations to be at peace with myself.

I still have a damaged vertebrae, my feet still ache like hell sometimes, but, at 57 years old I'm nowhere near the wheelchair doctors told me I would be in by the time I was 45. I'm also in the best shape I've been in for years. I just wanted to share that with you and say keep up the great work. It's encouraging for me to read where you're at. My take after years of various doctors is this. We'd be lost without them, but sometimes, they'll give the worst case scenario rather than push and encourage, and sometimes they will mis-diagnose an issue.

Keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to contribute besides a big thank-you to the OP and PP for their services.