Mini Victory: Zumba :) (Update from my whining thread)

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
A few days ago I was posting how I hate hate hate exercise because my leg is so bad (I injured my ankle earlier this year, had surgery and didn't walk for 5 months). Especially because I am so young (26) and have 3 kids to keep up with, it really bothers me to not be able to enjoy the things I used to love. Anyway, so I decided to take a day off from exercising. I've been using Zumba Core on Xbox Kinect, which I used to absolutely love. It was discouraging that I can't do a lot of the moves and I used to get 5 stars on a lot of songs, but I could barely get 5 stars even on the low impact/intensity ones now. Well, I took one day off and played again today. This is the 7th day since I started, but 6th not including my day off. Today I was able to get 5 stars on 5 of the 12 songs I did, some of which were high intensity! It didn't hurt nearly as much when I was dancing, so maybe a day off helped me heal. I feel really good about the idea that maybe it won't suck forever and I might be able to really enjoy dancing again because it is one of my favorite activites. Maybe I won't hate exercise so much after all. :)

Replies

• tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job. Keep it up girl.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the only cardio I will do because it's so fun and I don't dread it. I go to a class but I found a Zumba Wii at a garage sale so maybe I'll give it a try with my kids. Great to hear you love it! Me too!!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    In the fitness world "rest days" are positively encouraged. You're right, you gave your body time to recover. There is also something else, possibly its, muscle memory too which will also be in your favour. I don't know the recommended work days to a rest day but I'm sure you will be able to work out what works best for you.

Its really good to read you are getting your mobility back to a standard you can be happy with. I know how much this means but from other issues. All the very best to you and your family.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I might take a break tomorrow... I struggle to break. I like the ability to eat more and I like the exercise but I also feel sore and like my body needs rest soon. I seem to be holding onto extra weight due to it as well which happened last week. Thanks again! ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!