What's the weather today?

Options
RoxieDawn
RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
We have not seen any rain in months and have been in a massive drought. Today we have gone from only having 1 inch of rain in the past 36 hours, to having tornado watches where I live. It seems we have gone from one extreme to another.

What's the weather where you live?

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    We're waiting on your weather to head our way lol. Our conditions haven't been nearly as rough as yours here in the NE thankfully. We've got family not far from you, so we've been watching that mess. Stay safe my friend.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    I sort of predicted the long drought we had as sort of a calm before the storm (no pun intended) or it was either we were gonna have a really cold winter this year. :)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    -6degC this morning, but bright and sunny which is unusual for the UK!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Drought for months, then it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday morning. And we're expecting thunderstorms later. At least it's actually not too cold (of course it will go down again as soon as the rain stops).
  • Grey_1
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I sort of predicted the long drought we had as sort of a calm before the storm (no pun intended) or it was either we were gonna have a really cold winter this year. :)
    What's cold for you? 60? :D
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »

Ha ha ha.. While yes we have mild winters, depending on that El Nino or La Nina .. having low teens and possible sustained over Jan/Feb is more like I am talking.

We have not seen any real snow in years.. that actually might be nice (for about 2 days)... :)
  • Grey_1
    Options

Ha ha ha.. While yes we have mild winters, depending on that El Nino or La Nina .. having low teens and possible sustained over Jan/Feb is more like I am talking.

We have not seen any real snow in years.. that actually might be nice (for about 2 days)... :)
    Heh - you can have our snow. And the teens temperature. Wanna trade houses? You folks would love it out here! o:)
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Heh - you can have our snow. And the teens temperature. Wanna trade houses? You folks would love it out here! o:)

I just want snow for 1 or 2 days.. We are not equipped here for any snow. After having our power out due to that straight line wind I talked about, I don't need power issues again.. That was rough!

Do you live in an igloo in the winter time????
  • Grey_1
    Options

I just want snow for 1 or 2 days.. We are not equipped here for any snow. After having our power out due to that straight line wind I talked about, I don't need power issues again.. That was rough!

It only feels like an igloo lol. We would both much rather have 50s or warmer. 10 (or less, especially wind chill) is just lousy.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

It only feels like an igloo lol. We would both much rather have 50s or warmer. 10 (or less, especially wind chill) is just lousy.

I don't exercise when its 10... LOL LOL
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Its raining. We haven't had a drought but it hasn't rained in awhile
  • Grey_1
    Options

I heard just staying warm burns calories...or something silly like that. My wife thinks I have a screw loose, some mornings if we have a lot of snow I'll shovel instead of getting the snow blower out. Gotta stay active, ya know?
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I heard just staying warm burns calories...or something silly like that. My wife thinks I have a screw loose, some mornings if we have a lot of snow I'll shovel instead of getting the snow blower out. Gotta stay active, ya know?

Actually this is a true fact! Add in fidgeting too and your NEAT goes up tremendously!

I'm the one with a screw loose.. :#
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Heat wave conditions predicted for the next few days ....
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    70 degrees and clear skies in my part of Florida right now, high of 85 today. Must have rained last night because there's puddles everywhere.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pretty chilly this morning in the low 60s, wish I was running today. There's nothing better than running know cooler weather.

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    The usual, nice and sunny, will be around 80s during the day. Love it
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Heat wave conditions predicted for the next few days ....

Is it usually warm this time of year Futuristic Jo?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Damaging winds and isolated tornadoes are possible with stronger thunderstorms across the lower Mississippi Valley and Gulf Coast. Locally heavy rain is possible. Heavy rain will also move into the Appalachians and mid-Atlantic. In the northern Plains, heavy snow and blustery winds continue.