Hello from a MFP noob

Options
Hello all!

I figured I'd pop in and say hello after discovering MyFitnessPal - which I downloaded simply as a calorie counter - has a pretty robust community. What a pleasant surprise!

I've always been a fairly active guy. Martial arts, yoga, skiing/snowboarding, and tennis were regular fixtures in my life for decades. Then about 5 years ago, I was sidelined by a motorcycle crash. After two months of recovery (spent off my feet) and several months of physical therapy, I was able to walk normally again but I shifted to a mostly sedentary life. Add to that the fact that I turned 40 almost 3 years ago and I now find myself about 25-30 pounds overweight. I've been told that means I have a "dad bod" (which is apparently a good thing lol) but I just feel doughy and out of shape.

So I decided to get a jump start on my New Years resolution to shed some pounds and get back in shape. I ordered a rowing machine which will get here this week and I downloaded MFP so I can start tracking calories.

But now that I see there's an active community here, I thought I'd be great to make some new friends for added motivation and support. So, go ahead and add me as a friend and let's reach our fitness/weight loss goals together!

Dave

Replies