Any advice on wearables and trackers

Options
2»

Replies

• jacobsailors
    jacobsailors Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Garmin if your looking to track any kind of activity like cycling. I have the Garmin Fenix 3 and love it. I have beat the living shi** out of it and haven't had one problem. Garmin has two ANT+ senors made for cycling ( they are attached to your bike, but if you only use indoor bike then you can only attach one sensor) The Fenix is a large watch so if your looking for something slender and stylish then probably wont make your list but they do have other fitness trackers that meet the stylish check box. I have used a couple of different fitness trackers and researched Garmin alot before purchasing and can say I am totally happy with money spent.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hello. I got a fitbit flex to track an average calories burned each day. It helped me learn my TDEE and in turn I am not able to eat the appropriate amount of calories using the TDEE method. It doesn't do much else. I have a HRM for if I want to track calories burned during an exercise. That also is very helpful b/c I know when my heart rate is too low or too high during training. hope this helps too
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    I just got a new Polar A300 this week. I'm a long-time Polar user and love, love, love the accuracy of the chest strap. My new watch is lightweight, re-chargeable, cute, gets text, email and phone notifications, has sleep tracking, a TON of workout profiles, a "get off your *kitten*" alarm, pedometer... etc. Love it so far!

I've previously worn a Misfit Shine and a Fitbit pedometer, but wasn't too crazy about either.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Garmin if your looking to track any kind of activity like cycling. I have the Garmin Fenix 3 and love it. I have beat the living shi** out of it and haven't had one problem. Garmin has two ANT+ senors made for cycling ( they are attached to your bike, but if you only use indoor bike then you can only attach one sensor) The Fenix is a large watch so if your looking for something slender and stylish then probably wont make your list but they do have other fitness trackers that meet the stylish check box. I have used a couple of different fitness trackers and researched Garmin alot before purchasing and can say I am totally happy with money spent.

my boyfriend has the fenix 3 and loves it. I have to say i love my garmin watch and think the size looks a little more reasonable on a small feminine wrist. The fenix 3 is just a TAD too big for me.