Beer question

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Come butler, come fill us a bowl of the best
    Then we hope that your soul in heaven may rest
    But if you do draw us a bowl of the small
    Then down shall go butler, bowl and all.

Someone decided to go a-wassail-ing a little early this year?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Come butler, come fill us a bowl of the best
    Then we hope that your soul in heaven may rest
    But if you do draw us a bowl of the small
    Then down shall go butler, bowl and all.

Someone decided to go a-wassail-ing a little early this year?

None of that small beer for me!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Went to the pub with buddies the other night. They had been there all day getting their drunk on. They had a pitcher of Bud Light going. No way in hell am I wasting my beer calories on that recycled @(*3. Had a Guinness instead. Still only 210 calories (assuming MFP is correct) and had flavour to it.
  • Anclote
    Anclote Posts: 43 Member
    Which beer do you think gives you the most bang for your buck i.e. low calorie, tastes great, etc? My go-to is corona light - it's only ~100 calories, is delicious, and goes great with lime (vitamin C!) Also I don't feel too bloated/full even after knocking back a few of them. What are some other good options?

I like Oscar Blues Ten Fidy :) for 10 oz. it's 300 calories, but it's a sipper at 10.5% alcohol. You will not need another beer.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    If I must have beer, it will be Corona Light or Coors Light. If I want to drink, I'll have tequila. A few more calories in a shot of Patron Silver than a light beer, but far more efficient. :)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    mattdhall wrote: »
    The majority of craft beers I've tried have tasted like ear wax. I'll take a Lone Star or Coors Banquet.
    I recently tried Coors Light, and I don't hate it. I always avoided it because when I was bartending, some people would order a Coors Light with a glass of ice and a straw. Which is, just, no.

Hahaha
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Pabst.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Stella Artois. Purely because I like the sweet after note. Michelob ultra for low calorie though
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,111 Member
    I was never a big beer drinker until I moved to Germany, and discovered dunkel...dark...beers. Back in the states it is hard to find a good dark beer, but for an ok calorie to taste ratio, Michelob's Amber Bock is good for me. It's 150 calories but also is 5.2% alc.
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2016
    *puts lime in beer* it's basically a smoothie
    lol I don't mean to offend but you really can't absorb water soluble vitamins like vitamin C while drinking a diuretic.

"light" beer is confusing because it sometimes means light in alcohol rather than calories. I've also heard people say light to mean the color of the beer, or the flavor as in not too bitter?

Not much of a beer drinker myself but I highly recommend Downeast's winter blend cider. It's so cozy! It's pretty sweet but also 6.8% abv
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2016
    -accidental double post-
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I usually go with Guinness draft. It doesn't have to be super cold for me, so I can drink it more slowly and It's rich and filling. One or two and I'm good.
  • I am a beer pleb and only like lite beer (maybe because it's really hot where I live and I find it really cold and refreshing). I love corona light too but my favorite is Coors Lite.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I'm usually a vodka girl, but if I'm having a beer night I go with Michelob Ultra.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2016
    I am a beer pleb and only like lite beer (maybe because it's really hot where I live and I find it really cold and refreshing). I love corona light too but my favorite is Coors Lite.

When it's hot out, I find a Radler better. Beer and grapefruit juice. Really good when it's +40 out.

http://www.treebeer.com/grapefruit-radler/
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,454 Member
    Summit Extra Pale Ale
    Fulton Lonely Blond
    Slow Ride Session IPA

Really, I'd take just about any craft beer over a corn or rice beer, but if calories are a concern I'd look for a session ale or blond ale.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I don't get light beers, they don't taste good and even at 6% (someone mentioned Bud Light at 6%) you'd need to chug a couple to get to the point. I love the Ballast Point IPAs but they are 240+for 12oz, BUT I can have one and if I feel like it a little bourbon later and I'm good. I have an Anderson Valley IPA in the fridge now that's 200 for the 12oz and still does the job. Sadly the cals seem to go along with the buzz.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Heinekin all the way. I'm addicted to the taste and the kick!!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Plus it's only $20 in DE.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    mattdhall wrote: »
    The majority of craft beers I've tried have tasted like ear wax.

Stay away from IPAs if you don't like bitter, there are tons of craft lagers you would probably like.