Confused about my weight

Options
Hey everyone,

On November 11th, I went to the doctors and was weighed (137.4) with clothing on of course. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Since then the holidays have happened and my birthday just happened too. I have been persistent on keeping my calories logged and on Thanksgiving, I even was logging a little extra in calories just to ensure I was covered. In the last 3 weeks, I have only been over my calories 4 days.

Now my weight tonight is 140.4 and I did not expect that jump. Could I still be hanging onto holiday/birthday water weight?

Also, I have some medication which, TMI, causes me to be irregular and I haven't gone in about 4 days. Could the bloat from constipation combined with water weight from holidays cause the weight gain?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can jump 3lb overnight some days if I've eaten differently or its a certain time of the month, so thats not a massive leap at all! And yes, if you havn't 'gone' in 4 days you'll probably lose that weight once you do lol
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It is more than likely water and food "waste" weight however it is possible to gain that much fat in that period if you have been eating above your maintenance.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sounds like you are holding on to water weight still.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Did you go back to the doctor and weigh on the same scale? If its not on the same scale you can't compare them with that level of precision.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    this post made my day, from one constipated chick to another. dont worry, we shall return soon.

Yes, don't worry, ladies, it'll come out right in the end.

(ducking)

Ahem. Yes. Weight can definitely fluctuate, either up or down, by a few pounds on any given day due to a bunch of factors that aren't actual fat, unless you either underate or overate by ~10,500 calories the day before. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You have 4 days worth of food and waste trapped inside you. I would pay no attention to the number on the scale until you have fully evacuated :smiley:

Hows your fibre, fat and water intake?