Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Type 2 diabetes

Hi! After a big Thanksgiving I discovered that I have dangerously high blood sugar. It's time to get serious. I would love to walk this journey with people in a similar situation. Or just people willing to offer help and encouragement. I'm still learning this app, so feel free to add me as a friend.
Thanks all!

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    I found out I have Type I this past summer. Counting carbs/choosing good carbs will definitely help with your weight loss.
  • deepwoodshiker
    deepwoodshiker Posts: 18 Member
    I can relate. I found out in august I'm type 2 and was devastated and determined to fix it. Began following dr jason fung's blog posts and decided to try it. Today 4 months later I'm over 40 lbs lighter and more importantly my glucose has dropped from 213 down to normal in the 80's and 90's WITHOUT any medication. I've since bought his books but to be honest his information is all on his site if you take the time to comb through it. Hope this helps, feel free to add me and I'll help if I can. Best wishes!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    A year and a half ago I had my A1c tested for the first time and it was 6.4. Scary! My blood glucose stays between 95-110, and it spikes when I'm fasting. It's only ever tested higher than 110 once (after a huge 3000-ish calorie meal), so nobody knows why the A1c is so high other than it spiking while I'm sleeping. Anyway, I've been working on lowering it since then, and I've gotten it down to 5.9! I try to eat low-carb, but I don't feel guilty if I mess up here and there- so long as my A1c doesn't go up again.
  • amatabene
    amatabene Posts: 2 Member
    I was diagnosed on June 22 with a fasting blood glucose of 537 and an A1C of 11.5. This week I was re-tested and my A1C was 5.4 and I have a 50 pound weight loss. I feel I am through the worst of it but my waist still measures 36 inches so I know I have some way to go. Although I am currently wearing a size 10 (smallest of my entire adult life) it is clear that more can be done. Good luck on your journey.
  • stepfanny1969
    stepfanny1969 Posts: 5 Member
    My willpower is not the best, but I'm doing better.