Looking for advice and help

Options
2»

Replies

• kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I would say between 80-90 grams of protein a day. That is what I have my macros set on and work to get at least that. Protein has always been tough for me but I'm getting better at it

Whole 30 is just clean eating. At most this will help you drop excess sodium weight and improve your health but not necessarily help you lose body fat because that has to do with calorie intake.

Just saw that you at 5'1" so you may indeed need to eat in the 1200/1300 calories range but may just be actually eating more than that due to not tracking in a calorie counter.

And again I must stress the importance of getting enough protein- do you know how many grams you get per day currently?

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    kay_bear52 wrote: »
    I would say between 80-90 grams of protein a day. That is what I have my macros set on and work to get at least that. Protein has always been tough for me but I'm getting better at it

Whole 30 is just clean eating. At most this will help you drop excess sodium weight and improve your health but not necessarily help you lose body fat because that has to do with calorie intake.

Just saw that you at 5'1" so you may indeed need to eat in the 1200/1300 calories range but may just be actually eating more than that due to not tracking in a calorie counter.

And again I must stress the importance of getting enough protein- do you know how many grams you get per day currently?

Sounds good!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Try to eat 3 meals and two snacks
    The amount of meals/snacks does not matter. All that matters is calories.
    No meals after 7
    This does not matter. You CAN eat after 7 unless eating later disturbs your sleep or causes reflux.
    No sodas or high sugar drinks
    Sugar-free/diet/zero sodas are okay, and nothing wrong with sugar
    Hardly any alcohol
    Alcohol is fine as long as you measure it and log it.
    I shoot for 1200 calories a day.
    You don't use a food scale, though...all your entries are cups/spoons/pieces/medium/small/large. Stop using these for solid foods and get a digital food scale and start weighing everything that isn't a juice/beverage, stock or clear soup. Log more accurately.

Weight loss isn't about eliminating "ALL THE BAD FOODS". Weight loss is about having the proper energy balance. If you eat less than your TDEE (the calories you need to maintain your current weight), you will lose weight no matter the food type. Carbs don't cause weight gain, fat doesn't cause weight gain, sugar doesn't cause weight gain....eating too many calories does.

You listed your amino acids at 0 calories, but calorie count says there are 40 cals per serving. There is no way this is 0 calorie.

How heavy is the 'large' apple? What is large to you may not be large to someone else....weigh your apple after coring.

Not all large eggs are the same weight or nutrition.

You need to be more consistent in logging and not under eat. Eat up to the 1200 calorie mark and NOT below 1200. Add exercise calories and eat back half.

Weigh butter, mayo and peanut butter.

Stop using generic entries for your recipes. You do not know what or how much of certain ingredients the original creator of the entry added. Create your own recipe entries with the recipe builder and weigh ALL your ingredients.

Weigh bacon and log it as cooked.

Your diary does NOT indicate that you weigh. There are gram entries for the foods that you eat. Choose the brand of the food and pick one with grams available as the entry. A large apple is not weighed. Put 'usda' in the food search field when searching for a specific food.

Weigh rice/spaghetti/pasta raw as that is what the package nutrition relates to.

I just got back from my Dr. She said 1200 calories is too low. She said bump up to 1500 your body is hanging onto everything with 1200. 5'4" 216 stuck in a rut too
    Not true. Not one bit. The body does not 'hang on to everything'. If this was the case, no one would die from starvation. Think about it.
    You need to weigh all your food, too.